Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Sr. Director, Global Sales Compensation leads the design of the company-wide Sales Compensation program at Visa Inc. In this role, you will develop scalable compensation structures to support the expansion of Visa’s global sales compensation program across multiple business units and acquired entities. You have substantial engagement and prior experience in the areas of sales operations, human resources, legal, and finance and will initiate and lead multi-disciplinary projects that support and shape Visa’s global commercial strategy.
You will use your prior experience in consultative leadership to understand organizational objectives, find and analyze the data necessary to make strong recommendations that balance qualitative and quantitative support, and drive alignment across key stakeholders in multiple business units and corporate teams.
- Drive global sales compensation design through consultation with stakeholders across the organization.
- Manage the day-to-day program activities to meet project goals and timelines
- Conduct detailed analyses of current and potential sales compensation programs and work with senior leaders to create or modify the scope, metrics, and expectations for individualized performance rewards
- Guide the preparation of reporting, effectiveness analysis, and financial summaries of sales compensation and associated sales performance
- Leverage robust skills in statistics and analytics to do hands-on calibration of key sales compensation plan parameters and ensure achievement of defined design parameters and accurate forecasting of plan financial results
- Structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues. Build out unique, creative, and impactful solutions by integrating insights across Visa’s many expert functional resources and supporting collaborative solution development.
- Develop clear and concise executive level communications. Communicate recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional staff and management in a clear, concise, and impactful way
- Establish a reputation as the subject matter expert for sales compensation and train colleagues to better deliver on the vision of sales compensation at Visa
- Collaborate in the development and delivery of sales compensation communication and training materials to participants, leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Act as an internal resource to leadership on sales compensation issues. Ensure any questions are researched and a timely response prepared.
- As required, work on other compensation projects, such as new incentive plans, that drive business results and support the collaboration between business units
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
- At least 10 years of professional experience or equivalent with 4-6 years of relevant experience in a well-disciplined organization where best practices are integral to the management of the business
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Strong commercial acumen, able to forecast business trends and translate into sales compensation programs that shape organizational behavior
- Deep background in sales compensation at one or more U.S. public companies
- General working knowledge in finance, accounting, legal, and sales operations
- Ability to independently lead and manage projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
- Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail and ability to structure and analyze sophisticated financial modeling
- Proactive, strategic thinker supported by strong analytical and project management skills
- Superior problem identification and solving skills with ability to communicate effectively with executive management
- High ownership of work materials and high detail orientation to ensure complete accuracy and quality of output
- Must possess organizational, problem-solving skills, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Process oriented and ability to document processes with the ability to achieve the goals of multiple overlapping workstreams
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Able to work effectively with other functional areas and understand the operational and cultural issues relevant to achieving superior results
- Client focused with tenacity to resolve issues and conflicts
- High energy and enthusiasm required to partner with multiple stakeholders
- Continually curious to develop a passion for the business
Varies upon the needs of the department.
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 183,100.00 to 238,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.