NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Title: SW Engineer II
Location: Atlanta, GA
NCR is looking for a full stack software engineer to join our team, NCR Edge, in Atlanta, GA or RTP, NC. NCR Edge is creating a highly scalable, hybrid (cloud and on-premises) platform leveraging innovative technology solutions. Be part of creating a new era in NCR’s 135-year history by leading the cloud expansion of our most critical services. Candidate will fill a key role as a Software Engineer on a scrum team focusing on developing the platform for all of NCR’s Next Generation solutions.
Position Summary & Key Areas Of Responsibility
- Be part of an Agile team, participating in all Agile ceremonies & activities and be accountable for the sprint deliverable
- Implement Sprint features, stories, and unit tests, ensuring high quality code and minimum feature test coverage is achieved
- Define, construct, support and document solutions based on business needs.
- Design software by carefully considering functional and non-functional requirements
- Use core design patterns, coding best practices and enterprise pattern best practices
- Be an advocate of quality-up-front and test driven/behavior driven development, supporting the team with the Definition of Ready and achieving our Definition of Done
- Remove silos, contribute to the design, implementation, testing, and delivery of features
- Review design and code with developers and architects in consideration of performance, scalability, testability, and supportability
- Diagnose and debug issues within the system or in downstream dependencies, working with other teams to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Strong computer science fundamentals: OOP, design patterns, data structures & algorithm
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years integrating with REST APIs
- 2+ years’ experience working with Public Clouds (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
Golang, containers, Kubernetes, Git, GitHub
- Experience with designing systems in consideration of performance, responsiveness, concurrency, availability, observability, and supportability
- Familiarity with Dev Ops tools: CICD & Dev Ops: GitHub/BitBucket, Jenkins, JIRA, Test Automation
General Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.