Gusto makes it easy to onboard, pay, insure, and support hardworking teams. We automate and simplify payroll, benefits, and HR, all while providing expert support to give small business owners and their employees the peace of mind they need to do their best work. On Benefits, our goal is to expand and enable access to quality health and financial benefits delivered through a seamless, integrated and guided platform. As a design team, we craft simple, delightful product experiences that help customers untangle the complexity of these offerings and make informed decisions that directly impact their lives and livelihoods.About Gusto
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As a Senior Product Designer, you'll take ownership of a large area of the Gusto product and be involved in the entire product development process – from early research and visioning through to adjusting pixels, launching and iterating further. The efforts you drive will have a significant impact on a variety of our customer segments.
Gusto is first and foremost customer-driven. We take pride in making informed decisions based on customer research and data while balancing short and long-term technical decisions. If you are a strategic customer advocate who enjoys complex problems and improving customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you!Here’s What You’ll Do Day-to-day
Here’s What We're Looking For
- Deeply understand and solve complex problems to give our customers peace of mind
- Design simple, easy-to-use flows and experiences that delight our customers
- Partner with PMs, engineers, data scientists, and content designers across the company to oversee user experience for products and features from conception to launch
- Develop deep empathy for our customers and use research to inform design solutions
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the product team
- Provide and seek feedback from other designers to ensure continued individual growth and collective adherence to quality
- Strong communication skills and advocacy for a human-centered approach
- Enthusiasm for collaborating across the entire company
- Experience designing and shipping complex products that customers love
- Industry experience designing at every step of the development process, from brainstorming to post-launch research
- Ability to identify and prioritize high value projects that inform a product roadmap
- Service design experience a plus
- Passion for Gusto’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $133,000/yr to $182,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $161,000/yr to $219,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.