At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Security is a primary competency at Coinbase, and the Security Team keeps a watchful eye over every aspect of it. Every day, we go to battle against some of the most sophisticated attackers in the world to protect billions of dollars worth of digital assets and ensure that our customers and employees can enjoy a safe, trusted experience. As Coinbase scales globally, our team is scaling along with it, using a blend of tooling, automation, and strategic team growth to ensure that we’re well-equipped to protect the next billion users of crypto.
The Security team’s goal is to identify, measure, manage, mitigate, and report risk associated with products to keep our customer’s funds and data safe. As a Security TPM you will work with the Security organization to drive meaningful changes to the SDLC while empowering our engineering/product teams to act as owners of security risk. If you’re passionate about solving security problems at scale and want to join a fast-paced team helping to protect billions of dollars worth of digital assets and maintain our reputation, then we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Be Doing (ie. Job Duties)
- Build, manage and lead complex Security programs like Vulnerability Management, Disaster Recovery, Key Management.
- Be accountable for roadmap delivery including adoption and success criteria as defined by you and program stakeholders.
- Leverage your technical SME and quickly build expertise in support of the Security programs you’ll own.
- Lead technical tracking activities and perform risk assessment to identify key priorities and dependencies.
- Succinctly communicate risks, expectations, and timelines to stakeholders and management.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Security teams and other cross-functional stakeholders, in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) as part of product and feature launches.
- Improve on existing frameworks, processes and standardized templates related to various stages of security requirements and reviews.
- Contribute to the architecture, maintenance and development of security controls.
- Identify and creatively resolve complex technical and cross-functional issues and risks.
- Scale programs by leveraging technology and driving automation of operational processes.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 5+ years total experience as a TPM, engineering, product manager (technical domain), or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in security, risk management, compliance, information systems or other relevant fields.
- Design and iteratively improve procedures that solve problems in simple and scalable ways.
- Diverse and deep experience with delivering cross-functional projects with multiple dependencies and constraints.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly.
- Existing experience with BI tools like Looker, agile project management tools like Jira, low code/no code tools like Tines, querying languages like SQL, scripting languages like Python.
- Organized, detail oriented, self-driven, and comfortable handling situations that may depart existing paved roads.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish trust with internal/external partners.
- Excellent ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, and across hierarchy in order to drive alignment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a track record of communicating at all levels involving both technical and non-technical teams/stakeholders.
Nice To Haves
- Experience in crypto/blockchain technology.
- Comprehensive understanding of security domains, processes, risks and controls.
- Experience working in a high security and/or highly regulated industry.
- Certification in Program or Project Management.
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $162,350 to $191,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Position ID: P22369
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.