Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Independent Compliance Testing Standards and Quality Director will lead a small team of testing/audit professionals to support independent monitoring and testing through the establishment and maintenance of standards, forms and templates, and quality management program to ensure the work product of the team stands up to regulatory scrutiny. The candidate should have deep functional knowledge of standard audit/testing practices, regulatory expectations of an independent second or third line of defense testing function in a regulated financial services environment. U.S. banking laws and regulations with specific emphasis on Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering.What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Develop, modify and maintain the standards, procedures, forms, and templates for the conduct of all independent compliance testing activities from planning through execution and reporting.
- Establish a quality management program for the oversight and completion of all testing activities within standards and policy.
- Recommend or provide training to resolve quality issues and lack of adherence to standards.
- Prepare individual and summary reporting, statistics and metrics to allow management to understand the testing team’s performance.
- Identify underlying issues and escalate / validate them with stakeholders.
- Assist in the registration and tracking of identified issues and corrective action plans to validate remediation efforts.
- Stay abreast of changing regulatory requirements and product operating models to maintain a solid foundation of the applicable regulatory framework.
- Assist in the consolidation and reporting of results for executive reporting and committees.
Compensation And Benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree and/or Certifications, is preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in Testing, Quality Assurance, Audit in a regulated financial institution or as a bank examiner, with demonstrated track record of increasing management responsibilities.
- At least 3 years experience in quality or standards making role in the conduct or testing, examining or auditing.
- Financial services experience and knowledge of banking products required.
- Foundational knowledge of U.S. banking laws and regulations.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills; adept at presenting complex issues to senior management.
- Strong desire to continually deliver a quality and meaningful work product in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to successfully interface with all levels of management and maintain solid working relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and reprioritize as circumstances may dictate.
- Proven management skills and advocating staff development.
- Maintaining a regulatory compliance risk mindset to understand underlying risks and weaknesses to properly mitigate such risks.
- Technical competency of applicable laws and regulations and application thereof during monitoring and testing engagements.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
The base pay range for this role is listed below. Final base pay offer will be determined based on individual factors such as the candidate’s experience, skills, and location.
To view all of our comprehensive and competitive benefits, visit our Benefits at SoFi
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.Internal Employees
If you are a current employee, do not apply here - please navigate to our Internal Job Board in Greenhouse to apply to our open roles.