NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
TITLE: Commodity Manager – IT & Software
LOCATION: Atlanta, Georgia
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Independently manages the workflow for the commodity manager’s primary duties: strategic sourcing, contract lifecycle management, and compliance/governance
- Guides the selection, development, and management of Strategic Suppliers to meet commodity cost and performance goals, with emphasis placed on ability to identify cost targets for relevant technology and product roadmaps.
- Understands and monitors current commodity market conditions/trends, developing technologies, supplier capacity/ capability, product knowledge, customer requirements and supply/demand challenges.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of NCR's procedures, processes and policies, especially the sourcing policy and contracts policy.
- Implements a rigorous and disciplined process for managing the supply base including leading periodic reviews, monitoring and managing supplier performance (quality, cost, delivery, technology, service, and leadership), managing supplier relationships, performing root cause analysis and resolution, developing and monitoring supplier improvement plans, and collaborating with engineering to align technology roadmaps.
- Leads negotiation and completion of contracts with global strategic and preferred suppliers to maximize benefits across NCR.
- Establishes a strong network and fosters collaboration with customers, suppliers, key stakeholders, and commodity team members.
- Develops and implements spend management strategies including supplier assessments and rationalization, negotiation for best total cost of ownership, make vs. buy analyses, cycle time improvements, security of supply, supplier diversity, continuous improvement, EDI, and procurement/IT/engineering collaboration.
- BA/BS undergraduate degree
- At least three years of progressive commodity/supply chain management experience; three years of direct source-to-contract experience (either as a sourcing manager or as a business unit manager)
- Indirect category management experience (either as a sourcing manager or as a business unit manager); strong understanding of IT and software business and procurement concepts, including software licensing, cloud architecture, IT labor SOWs, and software-as-a-service
- Strong negotiation, and contract management skills; including a working understanding of contractual terms and conditions and risk mitigation.
- Understanding of the legalities of ethical purchasing behaviors and the ability to work with Legal on assuring those aspects
- Five years of direct source-to-contract work facilitating bilateral master agreements.
- Three to five years managing IT and software sourcing
- J.D. or local equivalent legal degree; Master of Business Administration or similar advanced degree
- In-depth experience with procurement and services contracts, including software as a service (SaaS), software licensing, and hardware sales and service
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.