There are 2 different specialized Business Analyst roles as per the details below...
Role 1 - Compliance Business Analyst
Take the next step in your career…
- Be part of an innovative, world-class core banking technology provider
- Leverage your existing business analyst skill-sets and experience
- Broaden your knowledge and expertise across financial services.
The role - in summary
Ultradata is looking for a Business Analyst with experience in financial services/banking regulatory & compliance related projects. The role requires providing highly skilled analysis, specification, design and consulting services with a focus on compliance obligations across the Ultracs product suite.
A great career step for the ambitious candidate with a drive to succeed and:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Computer Science/Information Systems, Business, Commerce, Economics) and/or extensive commercial experience.
- Proven experience as a Business Analyst or Product Specialist within the financial services sector, and ideally in a software development environment within retail banking.
- An understanding of regulatory frameworks applicable to the Financial Services industry – including the obligations of ADIs applicable to APRA, New Payments Platforms & Consumer Data Right.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Perform regular reviews of the compliance landscape across the financial services industry to determine impacts on the Ultracs product suite, then recommend potential product updates.
- Undertake market trend analysis and recommend potential product enhancements or new product functionality to meet evolving client and market expectations.
- Undertake required analysis and functional specification and make recommendations for the design of new and enhanced solutions offered within the Ultracs product suite.
- Develop reference documents that specify business requirements, business rules and functional design elements, depending on the nature of the assigned project.
- Define how the Ultracs product suite can best be demonstrated to new and potential clients in order to present key business benefits.
- Undertake consulting assignments as allocated from time-to-time.
- Disseminate knowledge internally about existing and new products, via a range of techniques including seminars, workshops, training sessions, printed collateral, FAQs etc.
- Engage with clients with the joint purpose of understanding their own needs and requirements, whilst at the same time educating them on the full benefits and functionality of the Ultracs product suite.
- Grow client capability to utilise the Ultracs product suite with a post project analysis of how product design could be changed for the benefit of clients.
Other required skills and experience:
- Experience with understanding of regulatory framework for the Financial Services industry – specifically the obligations by ADIs for APRA, New Payments Platform & Consumer Data Right.
- Proven experience as a Business Analyst or Product Specialist.
- Exposure to working in a software development environment
- Prior experience in working in the financial services industry, particularly retail banking would be an added advantage
- The confidence to deal with people at all levels within and external to the organisation
- Strong understanding of the Australian financial services compliance landscape.
- The ability and desire to contribute ideas and take ownership of assigned tasks.
- The ability to work autonomously and in a team.
- Ability to manage priorities and time to meet assigned goals and deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and generate commercially viable solutions.
Role 2 - Product Specialist (Retail Banking)
- Unique opportunity to work with banking & financial services clients to assist them in implementing and optimising their investment in Ultradata banking software. The successful applicant must bring to their application at least 4 years of experience in retail banking products and related software and technologies.
- Sydney or Melbourne based – hybrid work arrangements available
- Collaborative team environment – significant scope to develop and act on ideas.
Is this your next career step?
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Banking Product Specialist to join the Ultradata team. We are excited to meet and speak with candidates who demonstrate a great track record, a passion for technology, and a genuine desire to assist our clients to implement and utilise our products to maximum effect.
You will be an accomplished, process-driven professional (with proven retail banking experience and expertise) focused on providing outstanding customer service to a diversified client base. This will require sound knowledge and experience in banking products and financial services, and the ability to help clients to map and re-engineer their own business processes where necessary. You will also play a role in supporting our clients with training and education where required.
The team will be there to support you and you will learn all about Ultradata’s products and services as you go.
As you find your feet and start to shine you will:
- Professionally deliver product training courses to internal and external clients
- Prepare product training material
- Collaborate with project team members to ensure the successful implementation of new products into client environments
- Consult with clients to understand their business requirements and optimise their use of Ultradata’s products
- Work across multiple projects and clients each day
- Work collaboratively with other teams in the delivery of products and services to clients.
What experience will you bring:
- Ideally, significant product implementation and/ or business analysis and subject matter expertise within Retail Banking and/or related Financial Services sector.
- Experience with business process and best practice reviews
- Hands-on problem-solving in a professional environment
- Experience working in a diverse cultural environment
- Practical working knowledge of core banking and digital solutions
- Experience in developing and delivering training material would be an advantage
What we offer the successful candidate:
- A multi-faceted role and a broad spectrum of opportunity
- A shared passion for technology and determination to succeed by developing innovative software technology solutions and professional services unrivalled in the finance industry
- A sense of responsibility to our people and a commitment to supporting their careers.
- A work environment built on collaboration and respect – the average tenure of our staff is greater than ten years.
Ultradata, headquartered in Melbourne (in East Malvern) is a trusted technology business partner to significant financial institutions across the Australian and Asia Pacific financial services market. Its vision it to be the premier provider of innovative software technology solutions and professional services, unrivalled in the finance industry.
A long-established business with deep experience and expertise, Ultradata has successfully completed thousands of technology projects across a portfolio spanning core banking, funds management, consumer finance, lending and an array of digital and online services.