At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
The Identity team is looking for a Senior Java Backend engineer. This is a great opportunity to join a team of skilled engineers responsible for Identity management for all Zettle merchants
Meet our team
- You will work in a team with 6-8 backend engineers
- The team is responsible for the full SW lifecycle of the services they own
- The Identity team is part of the Seller Lifecycle Alliance with responsibility for the full lifecycle of a merchant account, including engagement and cross-selling
- As a senior engineer you will also have the opportunity and be expected to contribute to the backend chapter which spans across teams in Zettle engineering
Your way to impact
The Identity team develops and sharpens the foundation on which all our product integrations are standing on. By joining our team, your day-to-day will notably consist in creating and owning smooth integrations between business applications used across PayPal’s ecosystem. In this spirit, you will be taking care of the data of all our merchants throughout their lifecycle.
In this role you will contribute to all aspects of the backend while being involved in all phases of the software engineering including infrastructure, data, deployment, monitoring, architecture, code reviews, and more.
In your day-to-day role you will
- Be part of an agile product development team where you together solve complex challenges enabling merchants to do their business across the globe
- Be collaborating with teams and stakeholders across the global PayPal organization
- Learn and develop every day by challenging yourself and your team
What Do You Need To Bring
- You have substantial experience as a Java Backend Developer. Experience from the Identity domain from a large complex organization is considered a great plus.
To thrive in this role, we think that you would benefit from having a experience with:
- Java 8+ with frameworks as Dropwizard or Spring Boot.
- API Integrations.
- Building distributed systems with REST.
- Working with continuously delivered systems.
- SQL and data modelling with PostgreSQL.
- Cloud development with Docker, Kubernetes preferably in AWS.
- Pair/Mob programming.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don’t hesitate to apply.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
REQ ID R0102135