At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
What you need to know: We seek someone with a strong product mindset and deep technical knowledge of the software development lifecycle. You are a leader passionate about developers and who strives to simplify the complexities of building software in a highly regulated environment. Meet our team: The Developer Productivity Engineering (DPE) team powers PayPal’s business by delivering scalable, efficient and highly reliable products and services to our internal developer community. As a key leader on the Developer Productivity team, you will have a strategic and direct impact on delighting PayPal developers, enhancing productivity, and making PayPal a destination for the most talented software developers in the world.
Your way to impact:
As the Director of Product Management, for Developer Productivity, your team will drive the strategy, vision, and multiyear roadmap for developer productivity products at PayPal. This includes creating a developer experience across the entire software development lifecycle using the tools, platforms, and frameworks needed to ship code.
- Customer First. Lead with customer-centric product strategy and roadmap for PayPal Developer Productivity.
- Drive the prioritized execution of key objectives with your direct reporting team of product managers.
- Execute product planning, go-to-market strategy & prioritization of deliverables for end-to-end product delivery.
- Represent the team with senior company leaders to align resources and prioritization.
- Drive cross-functional product initiatives and strategy, and manage our product roadmap with product development, program management, and finance.
- Operates at a strategic level and can dive deep into the technical details and complexity with ease.
- Build, grow, and retain an excellent product management team to innovate and create a best-in-class development environment.
- Partner closely with Engineering and Architect counterparts to align on vision, ensure teams are appropriately skilled and mapped to achieve that vision, and then deliver on that vision.
What you need to bring:
- Leadership and subject matter expertise in Product Management; you have spent 10+ years building world-class developer products
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Experience with Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) methodologies preferred
- 5+ Years of domain expertise with developer productivity tools, frameworks, and platforms
- Well-versed in DORA and SPACE frameworks for developer productivity
- Strong industry perspective that can help shape and evolve the internal PayPal developer experience to be a destination for talented developers
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is $107300 to $259600
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
REQ ID R0100695