As Head of Transformation Cards, you will drive, lead and manage major and complex change at pace to increase efficiency and improve outcomes for Cards and Products, ensuring involvement and engagement with key stakeholders.
Travelex is on an exciting journey and has a clear vision and you will work collaboratively with the exec, senior leadership team and stakeholders to deliver the outcomes.
Travelex has identified Cards as the most important opportunity to diversify and increase the equity value of the Group. The successful delivery and growth of this opportunity will enable Travelex to redefine itself to both consumers and investors, enabling Travelex to achieve its ambition of creating equity value of over £1 Billion.
In addition, the Head of Transformation Cards will be a key member of the Product leadership team and will be expected to contribute to shaping the future of this Business Unit and for the right candidate, there will be opportunities to increase responsibilities and scope. The incumbent is expected to operate at a level where they would be seen as a natural successor for more senior roles across the Travelex Group.
You must be a resourceful people person with great negotiation and persuasion and change management skills as well as excellent communication skills and a great ability to persevere.Key Accountabilities
Role-specific Experience And Skills
- Design, drive and lead the Transformation Programmes so that major and complex change is delivered to meet Travelex’s strategic objectives. Transformation Programmes will include and not be limited to the Cards agenda/programme.
- Provide leadership of the Transformation Programmes which articulates a clear and compelling vision of change through the use of evidence-based business cases including sound financial analysis and resource implications.
- Provide leadership for the Transformation Programmes through an effective and robust programme and project management culture
- Develop and nurture strong, positive relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure engagement and delivery of change.
- Ensure excellent and robust governance arrangements across all transformation programmes and projects that support the delivery of the Travelex vision
- Provide effective change management leadership and support so that the change vision is delivered using innovative solutions.
- Ensure that the Transformation Programme is resourced effectively through project management and with other functions that may be required, creating and maintaining effective relationships with Procurement, Legal, Finance, Risk and IT to facilitate effective communications and delivery of projects
- Manage the budget associated with the projects
- Work closely with the PMO to improve how change is delivered across the business and develop change capability company-wide
General Experience And Personal Qualities
- Experience in delivering technology change and understanding what good design, development and testing look like to enable robust discussions with technology resources and suppliers on the project
- Experience as a leader and line manager within a change function or equivalent is a must
- Experience of working in a complex global organisation and or rapidly growing business
- Tenacity, drive, the ability to operate and make key decisions effectively in a demanding environment, balancing risk with results
- Experience in running senior stakeholder meetings e.g. steering groups as well as workshops to facilitate an agreed decision/ outcome
- Broad business knowledge including commercial, financial and technical awareness
- Know when to bring in senior sponsors’ influence and know when to use your own influence to manage stakeholders
- Be commercially astute; have extensive experience in commercial negotiations with suppliers that you can draft/input into first versions of a contract for project delivery of e.g. new application software
Good Presentation Skills Are Key Including
- Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- A passion for our business and what this team/ role will bring to it
- Ability to engage in open, honest conversations with members of the Senior Management Team, peers and junior colleagues when discussing project performance, risks and issues
- Be a self-starter and take ownership of delivery of the projects in the portfolio
- Must be able to balance ‘doing it themselves with delegation and work with their teams to get the job done
- Be able to balance task orientation with people orientation i.e. focus on the delivery of the plan, but not to the exclusion of all else, be able to influence the people that work with you on a project
- The ability to build strong relationships, developing trust and credibility with customers, partners, peers, teams, internal and external stakeholders
- Self-aware, open-minded with a high degree of personal and professional integrity
- Visualising complex concepts into simple graphics
- Articulating key messages concisely
- Presence/gravitas ‘in the room’
- Good Microsoft Office skills are a must including PowerPoint, Excel and Project
- Must be able to run basic lookups, and pivot tables and be able to interrogate data in Excel.
- Excellent planning, estimating and forecasting skills are essential
To remain the world’s leading foreign exchange specialist, we are focused on making our customers’ lives simpler, more engaging and hassle free while they travel or move money abroad. We promise to give them the freedom and peace of mind to explore the world, their way – enabling them to travel confidently because they know they have us to lean on.
Customer centricity and digital are at the heart of our business strategy. Our commitment to innovation has never been greater, with the development of several digital-first, greenfield products and services. And with the Travelex's resources, deep industry experience and leading brand we are inventing the future of FX, cross-border e-commerce, and international payments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status