About The Role
We are looking for a talented Director level Data Science leader to join the Data team to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solution to help organisations prevent financial crime!
The role reports to the Chief Data Officer and as such is a member of the senior technology team. As Director of DS, you will be responsible for;
- Building, scaling and leading a world class data science team (currently 10 people)
- Working closely with the Director Engineering and Director Product to give leadership to the Data Tribe.
- In collaboration with the CDO, create and drive the Data Science Strategy and investment plan
- Making ComplyAdvantage a great environment for Data Scientists to operate in. Building clear career progression frameworks; ensuring appropriate tooling and technology is in place.
- Delivering models to production and ensuring their is a metrics-oriented culture around measuring and continuously improving model performance.
- Acting as a member of the senior data leadership team, helping drive the data strategy for ComplyAdvantage as a company
Regarding this specific role:
- You would be one of three key leaders in our Data tribe. ComplyAdvantage runs on data; constantly changing data about risk and financial crime drives the applications that our customers buy and use:
- We ingest data from a very large number of sources, in both structured and unstructured forms
- We then enrich and extract meaning from the data, through the application of various machine learning and neuro linguistic programming, to understand the entities - such as people, places and companies - the data pertains to and the connections between them
- We surface the knowledge that we derive from the data, in different forms for the different types of risk our customers are interested in - sanctions, anti-money laundering, criminal risk, fraud, etc. - to the apps developed by our other tribes
- You and the Data Scientists in the tribe will be responsible for developing & maintaining the algorithms that are key to the operation of our data supply chain.
ComplyAdvantage is the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology. Our mission is to neutralise the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime.
More than 1000 companies rely on us to understand the risk of who they’re doing business with through the world’s only global, real-time database of people and companies. Our solutions identify thousands of risk events daily from millions of structured and unstructured data points.
We have four global hubs in New York, London, Singapore, and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Goldman Sachs, Ontario Teachers, Index Ventures, and Balderton Capital.
Since 2014, we have raised over $100 million in funding, and in 2022 alone grew by over 40% to over 500 people globally. Over the next 12 months, as our revenue increases, we plan to increase to 600.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!The ideal candidate
What we are offering you:
- Proven experience in leading teams of Data Scientists to create customer value from applying ML techniques
- Experience developing products involving Knowledge Graphs; Natural Language Processing; Computational Linguistics; Entity Extraction and Resolution & Search and other ML approaches.
- Whilst this is not a ‘hands on’ role, your knowledge of current tools and techniques needs to be sufficiently deep to mentor & guide Data Scientists from a technical point of view.
- Experience taking one to many ML centric products from conception, into market production and sustained for numerous years.
- Competitive Salary
- Equity as we want you to have a part of what we are building
- Unlimited Time Off Policy- A work life balance and focus on our wellbeing are critical to keep us performing at our best.
- Hybrid working- We want you to strike a balance and be where you do your best work. You will work with your manager to agree what is best for you and your team.
- Opportunity to work on innovative projects with smart like-minded people, who are keen to share their knowledge and continuously improve
- You will also get an annual budget of £215 to kit out your home office
- Annual learning budget to drive your performance and career development
- Enhanced parental leave and childcare benefits
- Life Insurance to protect your loved ones
- Medical insurance through Bupa with pre-existing conditions covered
- Pension contribution through The Peoples Pension
The role is based at our office in central London. We operate a flexible, hybrid working scheme and don’t expect our employees to be at the office every working day (unless they want to be). Some onsite attendance is required, however, and this is expected to be more frequent for senior managers such as this role.
At ComplyAdvantage diversity fuels our rocket ship and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience drives us forward every day. We encourage everyone to apply and aspire to consider every application fairly.