At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
Job Title: Director, Executive Compensation and Equity Strategy Reports To: Vice President, Global Head of Compensation
- Lead the development, implementation, communication and administration of the company’s executive compensation and equity programs, and proactively navigate challenges as they arise.
- Develop equity budgets, provide modeling, monitor and forecast equity usage including burn rate and other dilution analyses
- Prepare policies and procedures and manages corporate calendar to insure the achievement of compliant, equitable and competitive executive compensation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of global regulations and practices influencing compensation and benefits, including compliance, reporting and disclosures.
- Lead the preparation of materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors including to develop and present analyses, information and rational to leadership in preparation for committee meetings.
- Stay updated on latest trends and competitive intelligence to ensure programs are current with regard to market trends, prevailing industry practices and competitively positioned relative to peer companies.
- Conduct comprehensive internal and external analyses of current and potential executive compensation programs and prepare summaries of financial and design implications.
- Ensure the flawless implementation of all executive programs for executive officers including administration, communication and sustains an unrelenting commitment to continuous improvement of existing practices and processes.
- Understand and apply tax regulations, labor and Securities and Exchange Commission laws, Sarbanes Oxley, financial reporting requirements such as 409A and 162m, and all other regulatory requirements.
- Oversee and prepare CD&A in partnership with the legal team; and executive compensation tables for the company s annual proxy statement, as well as other related disclosures.
- Ensure the design and administration of compensation programs are in compliance with internal governance guidelines and understand the global and in-country implications of executive compensation and equity compensation.
- Oversee the year-end bonus and merit forecasting and planning processes for executives.
- Coordinate and closely collaborate with the global compensation, executive talent and executive recruiting teams on all executive compensation recommendations and actions.
- Develop and manage offer exceptions as well as out of cycle retention and compensation actions for executives.
- Establish strong relationships with business leaders, finance, accounting, stock plan administration, and support teams to fully understand their needs and perspectives
- Lead and improve upon the equity incentive compensation design-to-deployment process for specific business groups: identify strategic business objectives, assess success of current incentives, propose new incentive designs, and persuasively explain new incentives to leaders and employees
- Project lead related to equity programs and deployment, review program processes and participate in core compensation program workstreams, e.g., the annual rewards cycle
- Develop training and communication plans including presentations, videos and intranet site content
- 10+ years of experience in global Compensation, with a minimum of 5 years specifically in executive compensation with direct responsibility for preparation of compensation committee and proxy materials.
- Have a thorough understanding of SEC regulations related to executive compensation, including reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Ability to drive through ambiguous and complex work situations.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, resourcefulness with strong results-oriented drive.
- Highly disciplined and structured with proven success managing multiple complex global projects.
- Exhibit exceptional integrity, judgement, and discretion regarding sensitive and personal information.
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong working relationships with individuals at all levels of management, including senior leaders and across HR.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong executive presence.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and statistical skills.
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is $118700 to $246290
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
REQ ID R0102286