Senior Manager Product Delivery
Open to expressions of interest from both Melbourne or Sydney-based candidates
- Mature fintech with an international footprint and proven experience delivering major client projects
- Fantastic opportunity to build on previous professional services experience
- Lead and motivate technology teams to ensure the highest quality of delivery and execution.
Reporting to the Head of Consulting Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and supporting Project Managers, Product Specialists and staff across Ultradata’s dynamic Consulting Services team. The successful candidate will ensure that all Consulting Services projects are appropriately scheduled and completed within agreed timelines, budget and quality. Specifically, the incumbent will play a crucial role in managing teams, delivering to client expectations, managing projects and ensuring the highest quality of performance across the team.
Ultradata, headquartered in Melbourne Australia, is a trusted technology business partner to significant financial institutions across the Australian and Asia Pacific financial services market. A long-established business with deep experience and expertise, Ultradata has successfully completed thousands of technology projects across a portfolio spanning core banking, funds management, consumer finance, lending and an array of digital and online services. Ultradata’s mantra is ‘Vision to Reality’. Its vision it to be the premier provider of innovative software technology solutions and professional services, unrivalled in the finance industry.
The key challenges
- Manage staff in accordance with the processes, methodologies and disciplines utilised by the Consulting Services team. This includes the assessment, matching and utilisation of staff with the appropriate skills to perform the tasks to achieve optimal client outcomes
- Present recommendations to the Head of Consulting Services to enhance and improve the delivery of consulting services (both in process and productivity) in line with budgets
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place to protect Ultradata’s intellectual property
- Manage the rollout of priority fixes and services releases to Ultradata clients in conjunction with the Senior Manager Technical Delivery, including the management of the release process, prioritisation and implementation of programs and functional changes
- Manage the responsibilities, efficiency and productivity of staff in the delivery of consulting services to Ultradata clients. This will include resource allocation, prioritisation, escalation processes, skills effectiveness and team skill development requirements.
Other critical activity
- Provide recommendations regarding expenditure
- Assist the Head of Consulting Services to forecast consulting and license revenue each month
- Ensure that Project Managers on-bill all project expenses to clients in a timely manner
- Determine, monitor and control team costs in line with agreed budget objectives.
- Ensure staff perform their work in an efficient and productive manner. Monitor and improve team performance; providing leadership, coaching and performance management
- Assess and review individual and team performance (KPIs), development plans, skills and capabilities. Conduct performance reviews while pro-actively managing leave and performance
- Provide recommendations to address staff matters including training, recruitment and retention
- Keep all staff (not just direct reports) informed of issues and matters of importance and interest
- Implement a regular utilisation analysis process that includes meetings with staff, timesheet information reviews, billable versus non-billable discussions, staff coaching and overall management of agreed utilisation percentages
- Perform regular capacity planning to ensure that the delivery of consulting services is achieved based on the staff levels agreed.
The Ideal Person…
With a passion for technology and a deep commitment to customer service, the successful candidate will bring to their candidacy:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Management, or Technology. Consulting related disciplines are desirable but not mandatory
- Specialised project management qualifications or certifications
- Significant experience within retail banking or related financial services sectors
- Proven experience in leading a team of technology project managers.
- Significant operational management experience with an ability to identify what needs to be done in the short, medium and long term to achieve and deliver on complex commercial goals
- Proven leadership qualities and ability to develop strong teams and drive culture and change
- Exceptional negotiation, facilitation, analytical and decision-making skills
- Able to successfully manage competing priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proven experience in managing teams in the delivery & implementation of consulting services projects, in a professional services environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to communicate and liaise with staff at all levels within Ultradata and its clients is essential.
- The ability to travel as required to meet the requirements of the role.
- Experience with Epicor Systems, IBM and Microsoft technologies (including databases such as Universe and SQL) will be highly regarded.
Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 with willingness to receive booster vaccinations as the Covid-19 vaccination landscape evolves.