The NETS Group is a leading payments services group, enabling digital payments for merchants, consumers and banks across the entire payments value chain.
The Group operates Singapore’s national debit scheme enabling customers of DBS Bank/POSB, HSBC, Maybank, OCBC Bank, Standard Chartered Bank and UOB to make payments using their ATM cards or mobile devices at more than 120,000 acceptance points in the country as well as online payments.
This role is responsible for ensuring organization’s adherence to all related and relevant compliance regulations. He/She will be the compliance advisory for various departments and collaborate with them to ensure observance to all regulations while achieving the organization’s goals.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations and apply sound ethical judgment regarding business practices and conduct.
- Work hard in hand with the business units to identify and manage regulatory risk.
- Assess risk when business decisions are made, with due consideration for the company’s reputation and key stakeholders’ interests.
- Develop and implement organizational policies, standards and procedures to comply with applicable regulations.
- Develop, implement, and execute compliance testing, continuous assurance, and reporting of compliance testing reviews.
- Coordinate with IT teams to address control weaknesses, including design and implement new controls to address known issues.
- Conduct training to improve awareness of control requirements stated in IT standards, and/or any industry good practices.
- Manage regulatory requests and inform the senior management of significant compliance matters that require their attention or action in a timely manner.
- Degree holder in computer science, information technology, information security, economics, accounting or related disciplines with at least 2 years of compliance experience in a regulated financial industry
- Holder of relevant professional certificates such as CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CGEIT is preferred
- Possess strong analytical skills, paying careful and particular attention to detail, and also have an investigative mindset
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong team player with track record of working well in a collaborative environment with strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong in documentation and report writing skills
- Self-driven with the ability to operate independently