Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the team you’ll join:
This role will lead Xero’s Payments team responsible for “Collecting Payments” - the customer journey that enables our small business customers to get paid faster and improve their cash flow which is the lifeblood of small businesses.
Collecting Payments is an integral part of delivering our mission to empower small businesses to take control of their cash flow and financial future by providing trusted financial insights and services.
What you'll do:
- As an expert product leader and practitioner, you will develop great customer experiences underpinned by beautiful products that help Xero scale in existing geographies, and enter new markets. You’ll balance company strategy, customer needs and technical requirements.
- You will be responsible for teams of Xeros that create value for our small businesses and our partners by building and enhancing the products that make the magic happen.
- You will provide oversight across your portfolio, ensuring the right things are built at the right time and through doing so you’ll contribute to Xero achieving its goals.
- Ultimately, you will drive the execution and growth of our payment solutions across the globe.
What you'll bring:
- You are a payments expert, understanding the regulatory and commercial context, product technology, competitors and trends in Xero’s marketplaces and geographies.
- You are a product evangelist, a practitioner with a love for excellent product practices, truly cross-functional teams and enhancing product capability in your people.
- You are motivated by lofty, challenging goals, and you’re able to create momentum in your teams to persevere towards outcomes, even when the pathway is neither direct nor smooth.
- Your clear, purposeful communication works for all levels of the organisation, you are considered a role model for modern leadership, steeped in our #human value and unafraid to #challenge respectfully.
- You’re expert at building relationships across all disciplines to achieve great outcomes for Xero’s Payments business, and you have experience driving outcomes with the help of others inside and outside your direct team.
- You have confidently operated as a GM or Head Of Product recently in your career, and your people leadership is highly regarded. You are a team builder vs an individual contributor.
- You are passionate about helping small businesses address their cash flow challenges, and you can get those around you excited about it.
What we offer:
- Employee Share Plan, alongside an additional 5 annual Leave days, PLUS bonus holiday Leave.
- Wellbeing leave, Parental and Partner Leave, Life Insurance and Private Health Insurance
- Flexible working arrangements and weekly social events.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.