Joining Engine by Starling now will give you the opportunity to have an impact, shaping the future of a high growth company at the early stages of its journey.
Engine is the technology that was built to power Starling bank, and 18 months ago we split out as a separate business. In that time, Engine has made great strides in the market, and we are quickly becoming front of mind for ambitious banks, and forward thinking consultancies.
We are on a mission to find and work with leading banks all around the world who have the ambition to build rapid growth businesses, on our technology. We are looking for future leaders to come and join our team, to build client relationships, and work with them to understand their needs and how we can solve them with Engine's technology.
About the role
As this is a fast growing organisation, your role won't be extremely defined to one area, we're looking for versatile, adaptable individuals, who enjoy the challenge of a varied and collaborative role. You will have the opportunity to move between business development and implementation roles.
Types of activities
Business development and strategy activities
- Defining go-to-market and partnership strategies
- Developing associated pitch materials to prospective clients and partners
- Confident delivery of end to end demos and supporting pitches to senior client executives
- Leading on client proposals, pulling in expertise from the wider team
- Supporting sales strategy and pipeline management
- Have an understanding of the Engine product in depth, and be adept at uncovering requirements to clearly understand and document gaps and solutions
- Facilitating workshops to understand the client and their needs
- Building relationships with key stakeholders
- Working with wider Engine team, with specific domain knowledge, to present clear and compelling solution to the client
- Project management activities such as understanding key dependencies, communicating deadlines and tracking progress
Applications for this role will close on Monday 29th May.
Your background and skill set
- Previous consulting experience in financial services, or experience at a high growth FinTech company
- The ability to be self motivated in a highly autonomous environment, in a collaborative team with a flat structure
- Experience of rapidly understanding client problems and presenting solutions in a structured and informative manner
- Excellent presentation skills (both in creating and delivering)
- Strong project management skills
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry
- Travel (including international) may be necessary depending on the client and nature of the engagement
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day's holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off!
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work and Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships
You may be put off applying for a role because you don't tick every box. Forget that! While we can't accommodate every flexible working request, we're always open to discussion. So, if you're excited about working with us, but aren't sure if you're 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We're on a mission to radically reshape banking - and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we're proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.