Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our strong team of 600+ Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of payments and commerce for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
About The Role
This second-line risk role is a member of the team responsible for the implementation of Tyro’s Operational Resilience program. The Operational Resilience Manager role is integral to how Tyro’s Business Resilience and Operational Risk Frameworks are governed (developed, integrated, embedded and monitored) in line with company-wide expectations.
You will partner closely with our Technology and Security teams to help identify and manage operational resilience activities and risks, as well as conducting assurance activities to monitor the effectiveness of key controls.
What You'll Do
- Help maintain Tyro’s operational resilience program, ensuring it remains fit for purpose and meets required standards.
- Contribute to operational risk insights across the organisation to support the identification, assessment and monitoring of risk and control activities.
- Assist in planning and executing operational resilience exercises and simulations at system, department, and organisation level, including suppliers where appropriate.
- Provide incident management oversight and support to the business to identify, report and resolve incidents.
- Business Continuity Planning
- Work with the key stakeholders and other members in the risk team to build a strong risk culture.
What You'll Bring
- Experience working in a risk, compliance and/or audit role, in a technology company or business unit operating in the finance or payments industry.
- Technical savvy and technical knowledge / experience in technology platforms and practices (e.g. Cloud, Business Systems, Architecture, IT / Cyber Security).
- Awareness and understanding of regulatory obligations (e.g. CPS 232, CPS 230, CPS 234) and standards (e.g. ISO 27001) to assist with compliance and assurance programs.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders across the organisation.
- Strong reporting skills – attention to detail with a data-driven / analytical approach.
- A team player who can work autonomously and is adaptable to change.
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 600 staff, $34 billion in transactions in FY22, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts
to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer
- We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
- We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness
- We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
- We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Win Together -
We are a united team. With growth mindsets and without ego, we embrace diversity to collaborate, innovate and accelerate.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to responding to every applicant.