About The PSR
How payments work affects the society we live in; the challenges faced by the vulnerable; how likely we are to fall victim to fraud; and how easily we can manage our money. Payments underpin our economy.
Behind these payments are several important payment systems. We rely on these systems to support markets, facilitate competition and drive innovation. This helps to deliver new products, find new ways to protect people from harm, and deliver services that give people and businesses more choice and control about how to pay and be paid.
We need the technology, the rules governing the use of these systems and the markets they support to all work well. This is where the PSR plays an important role – we are the economic regulator of, and competition authority for, those systems. We protect people and businesses and promote competition and innovation in these systems and the markets that they support.
The PSR is an independent economic regulator led by Managing Director, Chris Hemsley. We are directly accountable to Parliament and funded by the payments industry. We work closely with other regulators involved in this sector, notably the Financial Conduct Authority, the Bank of England and the Competition and Markets Authority. Operationally we are an independent subsidiary of the Financial Conduct Authority.
Why join the PSR?
There are so many reasons why the PSR is a great place to work! In addition to working at the cutting edge of regulation and making a real difference to people’s lives, we have an excellent agile working environment, a friendly team with an important role to play. So, if you are motivated by making a difference to how we all make payments, then we are for you.
In addition, we offer a wide variety of learning and development opportunities here at the PSR as well as access to the FCA Academy which has a wealth of resource available to us.
We’re committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace in order to represent the people and organisations that we serve. We recognise the diverse community in which we operate, and we encourage applicants irrespective of ethnicity, disability, gender, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, sexual orientation, social background or age.
As an inclusive employer, we support a hybrid and flexible approach to working so when you apply do please indicate any requests for flexibility.
Purpose of the role
You will work closely with teams and managerial staff to provide administrative support. You will help both Managers and teams to ensure their work is well-organised and supported, making the best use of their time by dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks. This role involves working effectively as part of the PSR Business Support team to ensure that a professional administration service is delivered
- Provide general administrative support to the teams including organising meetings, recruitment support, dealing with joiner, mover, leaver requests, organising travel and liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting our Senior Advisors, Senior Managers and the Chief Economist - including but not limited to, liaising with internal and external contacts, diary management, organising team meetings and submitting expenses.
- Organise travel and produce detailed itineraries for business trips
- Act as a general first point of contact for team-related enquiries (internal/external)
- Monitor the team mailbox filtering using judgement and initiative to action as appropriate.
- Responsibility for records management including records management induction for new joiners and audits to check compliance with records management standards.
- Organise regular and ad hoc meetings, prepare relevant papers in advance and take minutes and action points as required
- Work effectively and collaboratively with other teams, PAs and administrators across PSR and FCA to ensure effective team working and support to the business.
- Deal with highly confidential information in a secure and controlled manner
- Adherence to PSR processes and systems
We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role. A minimum criterion needs to be measurable from reviewing a candidate’s CV.
- Proven experience of working as an Administrator supporting individuals and teams and liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Administrative qualification, or equivalent experience.
- Comprehensive communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to deliver outcomes to agreed standards and tight deadlines, while being flexible in response to changing circumstances and, sometimes, conflicting priorities
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills with the ability to work in a structured way to a high standard against tight deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgment with minimal supervision
- Enthusiasm and drive to work as part of a team to get things done but flexible enough to work on own initiative
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and proactively self-develop.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that can be adapted to meet the needs of different audiences
- Ability to engage professionally with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills
- Experience of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- The role requires you to have access to sensitive and confidential information. Maintaining security, trust and confidentiality of information is of paramount importance in this role
- Experience of working in a regulatory environment
- A general understanding of the structure of the PSR and its objectives
The PSR’s Values & Diversity
In order to represent the people and organisations that we serve, we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our commitment includes disability, ethnicity, LGBT and gender identity through to mental health and social mobility issues.
We are proud signatories of the Women in Finance Charter, we hold the Level 2 Carer Confident accreditation from Carers UK and we signed the Social Mobility Pledge in June 2020.
As an inclusive employer, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements. Please contact our recruiter if you wish to apply for this role on a flexible basis.
- This role is graded Professional Business Support - Corporate
- The role is based in London
- This role is a 12 Month Fixed Term contract.
- This role offers a competitive salary plus benefits and non-contributory pension.
- Applications for this role close on 5th June 2023
- If you are interested in learning more about the role, please contact Katie Ayling - email@example.com
Want to know what it is like to work at the PSR? Check out this short video
Please note, applications must be submitted through our online portal.
(We are unable to accept applications sent via email.)