We’re here because we believe in small businesses. We believe they deserve better than waiting weeks for a loan. And we believe it’s our job to help them grow.
We started in 2012 with these principles, and we hold true to them today – now that we’re one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. In the time between, we’ve built the best tech platform in lending, won several awards and opened up £3.5 billion in loans to over 90,000 businesses.
So what’s next? Our mission now is to help one million businesses who need us. To do this, we’ll need new products and partnerships. But most of all, we’ll need smart, hands-on people to join us on the journey and get us to our goal.The role
We are looking for a Data Scientist who loves to code and get their hands dirty with raw data. It doesn't really matter whether people call you an Engineer, Physicist or Mathematician, what matters to us is that you are a curious and continuous learner with a hunger to achieve the very best in what you do.
Our Data Scientists develop cutting edge algorithms using statistical modelling and machine learning techniques. Using Python (Pandas, Scikit-learn, NumPy and SciPy) they work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment to produce data driven solutions, which will have significant business impact.
Our Tech & Analytics team works in a relaxed, collaborative and flexible environment, where everyone has the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the business. As an iwocan, you will be expected to derive meaningful and actionable insights from our data as well as develop the innovative technologies behind our platform.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who loves to code and get their hands dirty with raw data. It doesn't really matter whether people call you an Engineer, Physicist or Mathematician, what matters to us is that you are a curious and continuous learner with a hunger to achieve the very best in what you do.Requirements
- Strong numerate background, e.g. Maths, Physics, Engineering etc.
- Must have a background in Probability & Statistics.
- Programming experience: Python, Java, C/C++ or similar.
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously in an unstructured environment.
- Demonstrable experience using machine learning techniques.
- Strong basis in computer-science fundamentals.
- Experience with Pandas, Scikit-learn, NumPy, SciPy, R, Matlab, and/or SQL.
- Understanding of web technologies
We expect to pay from £45,000 - £80,000 for this role. But, we’re open-minded, so definitely include your salary goals with your application. We routinely benchmark salaries against market rates, and regularly remunerate staff for their increasing value to our business.
At iwoca, we prioritise a culture of learning, growth, and support, and invest in the professional development of our team members. You'll have access to ample opportunities for skill-building, mentorship, and career progression, and can decide your career path, focusing on frontend, branching into full-stack, or developing your skills in project and people leadership.
We value thought and skill diversity, and encourage you to explore new areas of interest to help us innovate and improve our products and services.
Our friendly and inclusive environment, combined with our flexible work policies, ensures that you'll have the perfect balance between work and life, empowering you to thrive both personally and professionally.Benefits
We put a lot of effort into making iwoca a brilliant place to work:
- Offices in London, Leeds, and Frankfurt.
- Events and clubs, like bingo, comedy nights, yoga classes, football…
- Two company retreats a year, we’ve been to France, Italy, Spain and further afield
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our offices.
We offer a wide range of benefits:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- 25 days’ holiday and an extra day off for your birthday
- Instant access to emotional and mental health support with our partner, Spill
- Generous maternity leave and shared parental leave
- A nursery tax benefit scheme to help you save money
- Paid volunteering time to support your chosen charity
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- One-month fully paid sabbatical after 4 years
- Cycle-to-work scheme and electric car scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- An L&D budget for everyone, including a book budget
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse.