About Currencies Direct Group
Currencies Direct was formed in 1996 and has grown to become one of the largest digital FX and international payment platforms. The Group operates across five brands with our global team of over 600 staff across offices in the UK, India, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Australia, South Africa, and the USA. Currencies Direct combines a fully-digital product offering for both consumers and businesses with award-winning customer service, helping over 115,000 customers move £10 billion per year with us.
Backed by influential private equity investors Palamon Capital and Corsair Capital since 2015, Blackstone Tactical Opportunities made a £140 million strategic investment to accelerate the Company’s growth ambitions in early 2022.
The Corporate Development team at Currencies Direct supports the company in identifying and executing upon organic and inorganic growth opportunities. We work hand-in-hand with senior business leadership to source and execute acquisitions and partnerships, and advise and assist product and sales teams on business and market strategy.
Corporate Development Manager
Head of Corporate Development
- Monitor market structure evolution, identify key market drivers and product trends and corresponding opportunities for Currencies Direct
- Conduct detailed market research and data analysis covering market sizing, opportunity sizing and landscape
- Support annual strategy process and regional business planning activities
- Identify and assess potential acquisition and partnership opportunities
- Assist in conducting due diligence processes, financial analysis and modelling
- Support the execution of strategic initiatives as appropriate
- Prepare high quality analytical and presentation materials for senior management
- Minimum 2 years’ M&A experience in consulting, corporate development, venture capital, private equity, or investment banking
- Passion for FinTech and learning about new companies, technologies, and capabilities in the sector
- Documented exposure to payments and/or property technology will be an advantage
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in and be comfortable with a fast paced, fluid environment
- Strong organisational skills with ability to prioritise and take ownership
- Self-starter who takes initiative and completes all projects with high energy and strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Understanding of corporate valuation & financial modelling
Hybrid home working and Canary Wharf