Mangopay’s mission is to power the payment infrastructure and payment operations of the world's biggest and most exciting marketplaces & platforms.
We empower all marketplaces and platforms by providing them with powerful and flexible payment and regulatory solutions. Since 2013, we have accelerated the success of some of the biggest names in e-commerce, retail, and cutting-edge platforms like Vinted, Rakuten, Chrono24, La Redoute, Wallapop and 2,500 + more.
Our team of over 400 talents is spread across Europe, with main offices in Paris and Luxembourg. Marketplaces and fintechs are thriving and we are looking for outstanding profiles to tackle some of the most ambitious challenges in our field and contribute to our robust growth. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to employee well-being, inclusion and equal opportunity. Working at Mangopay means joining a dynamic, flexible and fast-growing organization.
In 2022, we raised €75 Million with Advent International, one of the most experienced private equity investors, to scale our vision globally. It’s time to join the adventure !Job Description
Reporting to the Regional Head of Sales, you will be responsible for the growth of our portfolio of strategic clients for the UK and Ireland.
You will strive to achieve the sales objectives by managing the entire sales cycle by managing the end-to-end sales cycle from prospecting to signature and go-live. You will have a direct impact on the regional business development and will have an active role in shaping the future of marketplaces and platforms in Europe.Responsibilities
Your role will be key in helping Mangopay become the leading payment solution for marketplaces and platforms in Europe.New Customer Acquisition & Revenue generation:
Market analysis and representation:
- Manage the end-to-end sales process from inception to close
- Build and maintain an active pipeline of opportunities
- Generate qualified business opportunities through highly targeted prospecting
- Analyze the effectiveness of your actions to continuously improve our tools and processes by working with other key stakeholders e.g. marketing, product etc
- Provide in-depth payments expertise to merchants and play an active role in educating them about the payments landscape
- Discover new strategic segments and own them to become a subject matter expert
- Undergo extensive discovery with merchants in order to understand their pain points and solve complex payment challenges
- Continuously update Salesforce and carry out weekly reporting of commercial activity to senior management
- Provide technical and functional expertise for our customers at all stages: pre-sales; integration; activity monitoring in partnership with the CSM team.
- Benchmarking our market: key competitors, new entrants, trends, payment methods etc.
- Work hand in hand with the Regional Head of Sales to define and implement a scalable Sales strategy for your region.
Hunter at heart!Must haves:
Bonus points for:
- Proven 2-3 years experience of outperforming sales targets as an individual contributor, quota carrying role (this role will not immediately include people management, but may evolve in the future)
- 2-3 years experience managing complex sales cycles averaging 6-9 months, with multiple stakeholders
- 2-3 years of proven experience of meeting and achieving sales targets as an outbound sales exec/hunter in the tech industry.
- 2+ years experience in Consultative Sales/Solution Selling to C-Level decision makers in the Fintech / Payment Segment / Marketplace
- Experience using CRM (Salesforce would be a plus) and being KPI driven
- Versatile, demonstrating ownership and responsibility for your actions and results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) in (Another language would be a plus)
- Values that correspond to the values of Mangopay.com: Diversity + Entrepreneurship + Collaboration
- Proven experience in leading sales teams (SDRs, inbound or outbound sales)
- Existing network in ecommerce/marketplace
We care about equal employment opportunities, so all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Call with HR
- Interview with the Head of Sales, UK&IE
- Case study
- Interview (and case study presentation) with the CRO via video conference
- A final interview with a member of the leadership team may or may not be required
- Reference check