We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.Job Title
Programme Planner– Job Description
A Mastercard company, Vocalink has more than 50 years of experience in the design, build and operation of industry-leading bank account-based payment systems.
The acquisition of Vocalink in 2017 expanded Mastercard’s capabilities beyond industry-leading card solutions to providing consumers and businesses with access to the array of bank-to-bank payment rails that power the modern economy. Vocalink and Mastercard are redesigning the payment environment, developing offers for real-time payments at various levels: infrastructure, applications, and services.
Our proven real-time bank account-based payment solutions have been implemented around the globe. Our Instant Payments Service (IPS) and Multi-Proxy Service (MPS) services underpin the FAST service in Singapore, the PromptPay service in Thailand, the Real-Time Payments (RTP) service in the United States and the InstaPay 2.0 Real-Time Payments (RTP) service in the Philippines. Vocalink is also a strategic partner of Sweden's automated clearing house, Bankgirot.
In the United Kingdom we have operated the core infrastructure for the Faster Payments Service since 2008, powering real-time payments, settlements and direct debit systems, as well as the UK’s network of nearly 70,000 ATMs.
We are at the heart of payments, both in the UK and worldwide. Our technologies power the real-time payment infrastructure for 12 of the top 50 GDP countries, providing more payment choice to consumers, businesses and governments.
RoleThe Role Will Be Responsible For The Following Key Activities And Deliverables In Partnership With Wider Mastercard Teams
The P27 Programme is a strategic/ multi- year/ multi scheme Mastercard Real Time Payment Managed Service Infrastructure Initiative. The Programme Planner is responsible for the effective and successful planning and forecasting of projects across all P27 managed services.
All About You
- Programme Management, internal and external Governance using industry leading practices and alignment with the Mastercard delivery Methods and Standards.
- Responsible for chairing, managing, reporting and escalating risks and issues in operation of key governance mechanisms and forums across Mastercard internally and with the customer. Forums include and are not limited to weekly Client Implementation working groups, internal Go/ No Go calls, internal and customer Steering Committees, ad-hoc Executive forums and all BAU Governance Forums.
- Coordinating and synthesizing inputs from multiple teams and stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Delivery, Commercialization, Finance)
- Assigning, tracking, and following up on actions to ensure execution on the agreed approach, and produce meeting minutes
- Owning portfolio planning across P27
- Working closely with the Implementation Programme Director in the overall management of the Programme and the transition into BAU
- Proactively monitoring delivery progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Assuring the effective operation of all programme governance, working very closely with the PMO lead to ensure all contracted governance is adhered to and that the programme team deliverables remain of outstanding quality
- Managing at a senior stakeholder level dependencies and interfaces between workstreams
- Managing escalated risks and issues through to resolution
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
- Supporting quarterly risk reviews internally and with the customer
- Internal Mastercard and external customer dashboard reporting
- Championing change and communicating and incorporating lessons learnt into processes
Corporate Security Responsibility
- Hands-on, pragmatic, with a can-do attitude, not afraid to dive into the detail or zoom out when required
- 10+ years of experience in planning, project management across complex, multi disciplinary, technology transformation initiatives
- A concrete understanding and ability to implement planning tools and processes
- Experience with real time payments, payments, technology or financial services more generally
- Experience operating within technology or complex managed services environment a bonus
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience in chairing planning meetings
- Inquisitive, resourceful, extremely collaborative, with a proactive and problem-solving nature
- Not afraid to take on admin with strong documentation, customer facing skills, with a track record in driving operational readiness, complex and extensive transformational initiatives
- Attention to detail with the ability to look at the big picture and priorities
- Experience in effectively leading successful teams and a track record of people management experience
- Strong collaboration and ability to partner effectively with stakeholders across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to build solid relationships with customers
All Activities Involving Access To Mastercard Assets, Information, And Networks Comes With An Inherent Risk To The Organization And, Therefore, It Is Expected That Every Person Working For, Or On Behalf Of, Mastercard Is Responsible For Information Security And Must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.