We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.Job Title
Level 1 RTP Program Risk-1
This is an exciting opportunity to design and implement enhancement to operational business processes and 1st line risk capabilities for Real Time Payments.
The successful candidate will become part of a high performing team, dedicated to delivering a robust, secure, and resilient service to multiple countries and over 32billion transactions a year.
The RTP 1st line embedded risk management role is a Vice President position, with a reporting line into the EVP, Real Time Payments.
The appointee will be responsible for building capabilities for business and first line operational risk capability within the company, aligning with an strong Risk Corporate Framework, and emerging alignment with an Operational Resilience Framework (ORF) and working closely with all operational areas of the business, including risk escalation and engagement with its parent company, Mastercard. This would better equip the organisation to fully own and make risk-reward decisions in an operational setting, provide broad, timely and meaningful 1st line risk management insight, and manage and identify business process effectiveness and efficiency.The Role Will
The Role In Relation To Mastercard Will
- Need to ensure that RTP Live and Engineering Services are setup and operating to meet or exceed contracted and regulated obligations. This includes obligations to our key customers around the world and is in line with Mastercard’s guiding principles and industry-leading practices
- Have the responsibility for maintaining National Critical Infrastructure level first line risk management across RTP globally
- Need to be comfortable with presenting and communicating with Regulators and customers thorugh to Executive and Board levels which will include inward facing committees as well as outward facing customer and client facing committee’s
- Ensure the provision of efficient, timely and relevant advice to the business to manage and enhance their operational and commercial objectives along with first line risk management information and associated framework
- Be a key contributor to the RTP Operations, Technology & Security strategies and actively support and deliver against corporate objectives and supporting KPIs
- Align with the wider Mastercard Enterprise Risk Management model, leveraging best practice and framework where applicable for Vocalink Limited
- Seek synergies and alignment with Mastercard tooling, services, policy, and strategy, whilst remaining focused on the needs of the RTP business
- Offer value and input into the Mastercard risk management strategy and leadership team.
- Need to be experienced in leading, managing and delivering outcomes whilst working as part of a larger matrixed organization
The role also requires that the holder
- Take the lead in championing the corporate values, through the implementation of robust processes, standard procedures, and quality working practices. The role holder will:
- Ensure that the operational risk management team is a positive contributor to the success of the company
- Acts as a partner to the business, supporting delivery of capabilities that allow timely, appropriate, and transparent risk-reward decisions and steering
- Provide industry leading consultancy and management to the company on risk related matters
- Create and maintain a transparent and flexible team, staffed with appropriately qualified and experienced risk professionals
Key accountabilities and duties
- Build and lead a team of business-aligned risk management professionals, leveraging sound risk management principals and best practices to identify, assess and drive remediation of risks; enhance capability and insight into business operations; demonstrate effective risk management, reduction and value-add to stakeholders, in line with company frameworks and taxonomies
- Create a proactive monitoring, risk and control culture that leverages collaboration, proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols; engage with risk owners to educate and drive adoption of risk management framework
- Engage and maintain alignment with risk management, control, and business functions across the company (e.g., operational risk, enterprise risk, legal, compliance, product, audit, regulators, and technology control functions) to enable consistency
- Report on risk management activities to senior management through established governance forums (e.g., Risk Committee, Audit Committee, Executive Committee)
- Maintain strong relationships with regulators and customers to align on expectations for assurance
- Risk assess operations and technology related processes, work with control owners to design, document, and implement controls to address key risks in their processes and maintain compliance with regulatory and policy requirements
- Assist in the management of internal and external stakeholders, including audit
- Design and implement a control testing framework that supports a periodic self-assessment of the control environment, including automation of control execution and reporting
- Design and implement a continuous monitoring framework to ensure operating insights, risks and issues are identified timely, including KRIs and KCIs, monitoring/reporting, escalation
- Advisory - Be the operational / technology risk subject matter experts (SME) as required. Lead or participate in various initiatives related to control enhancements, risk assessment, reduction, and remediation program efforts
- Develop methodology and guidance for implementation and adoption of control framework
- Training - Provide ongoing feedback and training to develop employees on risk concepts and the application to risk and control evaluation
Corporate Security Responsibility
- Support and facilitate periodic control self-assessment by control owners
- Take ownership and responsibility for first line compliance with client and regulatory requirements
- Identify and assess controls gaps and work with control owners to develop sustainable remediation plans that are compliant with regulatory and policy requirements.
- Provide guidance on decisions related to remediation plans and methods of risk reduction to satisfy regulatory and policy requirements, while providing value-add business insights to promote adoption and embedding
- Manage and track outstanding process and technology remediation items in the Enterprise Risk Management system to ensure timely completion of issues and self-reporting of observations.
- Assist with preparation of responses to technology related regulatory requests and participate in regulatory reviews
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.