At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
What you need to know about the role: As a payments product manager at Venmo, you will play the lead role in transforming the payments platform to meet the growing needs of Venmo products and services. Meet our team: The Venmo payments platform sits at the core of all Venmo products facilitating payments for the entirety of the Venmo ecosystem, providing our customers instant, friction free access to their money. We are a group of payments experts solving previously unsolvable payment problems. We dream about cashless economies and bringing financial services to the masses. We are fascinated by the "story behind the money" and don’t get bored talking about transaction performance and expense. We collaborate with consumer and commerce teams, risk and compliance SMEs, designers, data scientists, and engineers to deliver payment acquiring and issuing solutions.
Your way to impact:
- As a technical product manager on Venmo payments, you will help design, shape, and drive payment solutions to enable our partners to deliver incredible customer experiences
- Your primary objective will be to deliver high quality payment offerings to our clients by bridging the technical, payments and business domains.
- You will focus on providing innovative solutions that are scalable and robust, improving the payment experiences for our customers.
Your day to day
- In your day to day role you will manage our issuing and acquiring solutions through the various channel partners to enable funds in/funds out capabilities. This includes standard and next generation funds movement platforms including but not limited to ACH, RTP and card processing. You will be the point person for your domain, balancing business requirements, legal/compliance, growth, and monetization considerations.
- Learn and Synthesize market changes and technology improvements into practical improvements for the platform, optimize existing channels to improve platform and business KPIs, and Execute on the roadmap items.
- Collaborate across the organization with cross-functional product, engineering, business, legal, and PMO teams in establishing the strategic direction and business objectives along with defining the product requirements.
- Coordinate with finance and analytics to measure/ track business and financial impacts.
- Partner with legal, network compliance, regulatory and risk stakeholders to effectively manage risks and confirm compliance.
What do you need to bring:
- Deeply data-driven, Enthusiastic, and passionate around agile product management, with the goal of delivering breakthrough consumer experiences.
- Proven experience executing a transformational product strategy while successfully tackling ambiguity independently.
- 4+ years of experience in product management, consulting, co-founder, or related technical role.
- 2+ years of experience building and shipping payments products.
- Familiarity with AWS managed payments service is a strong plus.
- Strong technical background and ability to understand and work with
- API design based on internal and external requirements,
- Defining and setting up platform metrics and monitoring,
- Defining and understanding integration requirements with external platforms.
- Excellent people and communication skills are essential. The candidate should have the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside of PayPal.
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is $72700 to $176000
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
REQ ID R0102723