Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.Job Description
As a Senior BI Analyst on the Marketing team, you will join an organization whose mandate is to build and maintain foundational data and reporting infrastructure essential to driving Square’s revenue growth, optimizing spend and measuring impact of marketing efforts. You will support our global marketing teams in bridging the gap between business requirements and technical implementation. You are a self starter and can work independently. Your work will have an impact on marketing leadership and reporting, especially pertaining to two important growth areas: lead generation and SEO.You Will:
- Oversee marketing reporting infrastructure for the org’s lead generation and SEO dashboards from ingestion, transformation, and visualization to ensure highly accurate and reliable business reporting
- Partner with marketing analytics, Marketo teams, sales analytics, data engineering and business leads to identify reporting opportunities and gaps; adapt dashboards to ever-changing measurement needs
- Translate opportunities into highly leveraged and effective visualizations for marketing’s main reporting suite; ability to manage a variety of partners and timelines is mission-critical
- Have a deep understanding of the sales funnel, attribution’s impact on metrics and marketing KPIs
- Sit at the junction between technical and business stakeholders and identify upstream infrastructure changes that may impact reporting. Communicate impact to the marketing org and champion reporting parity across other channel dashboards & metric nomenclature
- Make code improvements to optimize for pipeline efficiency in reporting pipelines
- 5+ years of analytical experience in analytics and data science, business operations, data engineering, or consulting; 3+ years with advanced degree
- Strong technical skill in SQL, ETL development and data analysis
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems and translate them to efficient & scalable technical solutions
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to build strong relationships and influence across the organization
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, matrixed organization, with multiple stakeholders across time zones
- Strong experience with data visualization in Looker, Tableau, or equivalent business intelligence tool
- Ability to navigate a wide breadth of marketing metrics related to both organic and paid channels and various attribution models
- Experience with sales analytics is a plus
- Experience in evaluating marketing campaign effectiveness and marketing analytics is a plus
- Knowledge in data warehousing architecture and concepts, and dimensional data modeling is a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.