Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Within Visa, Acceptance Solutions leads payment acceptance innovation with scaled, modern technology and enabling programs across all payment types, channels, and platforms. Our solutions span face to face interactions, transit experiences, mobile payments, ecommerce and Internet of Things. Whether it is paying for your groceries at the corner store in a face to face interaction, tapping on a countertop, tapping to board a train in Kobe or Porto, paying on your mobile or ordering a hand-crafted good from another country on your computer, we enable it. We are focused on digital first capabilities and using the power of software to unleash great consumer and merchant experiences. We go beyond enabling a transaction and seek to add incremental value to every transaction – whether by optimizing authorization rates, mitigating fraud and helping merchants operate in secure, tokenized environments.
The Senior Director of Strategic Pursuits, Acquirer is responsible for building and growing the Visa’s Acceptance Platform business with some of Visa’s largest clients. This position is responsible for the strategic and tactical collaboration between client management, professional services, client services, sales engineering and acquirer solutions with ultimate accountability for the revenue and upsell bookings from these clients. The position will work closely with the SVP, Visa Acceptance Solutions NA, and Acquirer sales teams. This is a Quota-based Sales Incentive role.
- Contribute to the growing revenue and profitability with Multi-Regional Acquirers.
- Coordinate activities of several teams to retain existing business while finding opportunities for upsell with some of Visa’s most sophisticated clients.
- Decrease time to realizing revenue from signed deals
- Create alignment with NA Acquirer/Processor Organization who is responsible for Visa’s overall relationship with the client
- Proactively drive commercial alignment and technical mindshare for Visa’s Acceptance Platform with the Multi-Regional clients
- Drive a consistent approach to sales processes, value-in-kind management and client engagement that is aligned to the Go-to-Market Specialist Sales motion.
- Partner closely with sales leadership at Multi Regional clients to identify and coordinate co-selling opportunities.
- Closely coordinate with the Strategic Pursuits Acquirer Solutions, Professional Services and Sales Engineering functions to inform technical validation and timelines for the delivery of services.
- Strategize with client and cross-functional teams to deliver innovative solutions that drive the client’s strategic priorities
- Provide leadership and influence over internal/external team comprised of sales, product development, project management, business development, marketing, client services, and operations
- Analyze and carefully monitor on an ongoing basis market trends, activities and competitor actions to enable the account team to develop and implement pre-emptive strategies and plans for the client
- Act as a change agent internally and with the client with regard to a digital first approach and innovation
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
- Related experience in a sales-oriented culture within the payments or technology industry or similar experience in consulting, preferably linked to FinTech, software or acquiring services
- Experience managing merchant portfolios (marketing, sales, product development and/or operations)
- Strong knowledge of payment products in general, and merchant acquiring specifically
- Foundational understanding of direct and indirect software/FinTech sales motions
- A track record in operating on high performance teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with all levels including executive management
- Executive presence and ability to communicate with and influence C-level leadership
- Exceptional ability to grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships
- Ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships
- Comfort and agility in operating within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated cross-functional competence, having led/coordinated teams across functional areas
- Posture toward consultative selling to win new business opportunities
- Experience maintaining share of client’s business by identifying and selling new product, marketing and innovative technology opportunities
- Ability to apply financial analyses to evaluate business opportunities and make strategic choices
- Results orientation, having a clear, positive direct impact on business performance.
- Enthusiastic support of the organization and influence others to commit to its mission and vision
- Strong understanding of the acquirer role in payments
- Curiosity with regard to technology and digital enablement
- Ability to make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness
- Ability to help build a highly motivated, cohesive and productive team in a matrix environment to deliver results for the company
- Desire to operate in an agile, productive, and client-centric environment
- Comfort with risk-taking in pursuit of learning and better client outcomes
- A calm demeanor, and ability to combine work ethic with a sense of humor
Varies upon the needs of the department.
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 154,500.00 to 212,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.