NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive change management process that aligns with industry best practices and follows NCR’s policies and procedures
- Facilitate daily Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings to ensure changes are reviewed and approved by the appropriate stakeholders
- Track and manage a change throughout its entire lifecycle, from start to closure, with the aim to minimize negative impact to the performance or availability of our IT services
- Recognize the type of change and determine its impact through appropriate risk analysis
- Oversee the scheduling and implementation of changes so they are executed in a timely and effective manner
- Develop and maintain change management reports and metrics to track the effectiveness of the change management process and identify opportunities for improvement
- Proven change management experience
- Excellent leadership skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Team-oriented attitude, with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Broad IT knowledge and proficiency
- Strong understanding of ITIL best practices and experience implementing ITSM processes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Familiarity with ITSM tools such as ServiceNow and Jira
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.