Risk Management – it is kind of a big deal. Especially in the financial service industry.
We need specific frameworks, merchant onboarding assessments, a due diligence process and basically a Senior Risk Manager. Did we spark your interest? Read on.
Who we are?
The Novatti Group is a fintech company that enables businesses to pay and be paid from any device, anywhere. By using our solutions, businesses can send money internationally, accept payment from consumers both in-store and online, provide prepaid Visa cards, automate their billing, and a whole bunch of other amazing things needed to operate in a digital and increasingly cashless world.
Our clients include everyone from corner stores to start-ups to global organisations, while our key partners are some of the world's biggest and most innovative companies, including Visa, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Marqeta. We are listed on the Australia Stock Exchange (ASX) and have operations in multiple countries globally, including Europe, Malaysia and the US.
Most importantly, we are a fast-growing company that is looking for amazing, talented people who want to join us on our journey and grow with us.
What will you be doing?
The Senior Risk Manager will support the Payments Acquiring business unit to manage, implement and monitor the risk and payment compliance management framework. Consistent with Novatti Values and acting as a subject matter expert, this position is responsible for the identification, assessment, mitigation and reporting of card not present / card present Acquiring risk and fraud prevention. This includes establishing a PCI DSS merchant program to identify, educate and monitor merchants and assisting in the development of risk management strategies for the Crypto platform solution. Importantly, in this role, you will:
- Drive the development of the online payments anti-fraud strategy and operating model.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for assessing and monitoring merchant financial stability, creditworthiness, and fraud risk.
- Drive the merchant onboarding risk assessment and credit underwriting to proactively recommend/adjust assessment measures.
- Continuously monitor and assess the effectiveness of credit and fraud risk management strategies and adjust as necessary to mitigate evolving risks and threats.
- Drive the risk payment compliance framework, including PCI-DSS, Privacy and Anti-Money Laundering.
- Conduct data analysis on external client data to identify trends and patterns within the data sets.
- Manage relationships with counterparts in Financial Institutions and Service Providers to knowledge share, drive efficiencies, and escalate relevant issues.
What would make you a good candidate?
Change is constant here so we’re always looking for self-starters who can get roll up their sleeves and crack on! To ensure your success in the role we do have a few key requirements so read on and see if any of these align with your skills and experience:
- You have relevant anti-fraud and credit risk experience in a global acquiring/eCommerce environment.
- You have experience in delivering a level 1 PCI DSS audit.
- You have demonstrable knowledge of the banking and payments industry.
- You have the expertise in managing risk exposures and understanding how they may impact various policy frameworks.
- You are an excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- You are a critical thinker – you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves, identify problems and devise strategic and innovative solutions.
- You are motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt with a can-do attitude - no two days are the same, seriously!
What it means to work for us
Does shaping your own future excite you? Are you inspired by blending your passions and career? At Novatti, we are inspired by curious-minded, diverse thinkers, and authentic individuals, and we recognize that no two journeys are the same. Some of the other perks of working with us:
- Opportunities to learn and accelerated career development.
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do.
- Regular social activities, daily discounts and celebrations.
- New office in the heart of buzzing CBD.
- Flexible work arrangements, including remote working.
Bill Gates once penned “We are changing the world with technology.” If you feel the same, take the leap and apply with us.
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter (yep, we do read them) and we will be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "#fintechsfuture" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you took the time to read our job ad.