At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn't do this without hiring the best people. We're a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they're trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That's us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We're a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You've got positive energy. You're optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You're never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You're both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let's face it, you can't have one without the other. You're cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You're not looking for a boring job.
- You have a "can do" attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn't scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We're stronger together, and you're a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The mission of the Platform Product Group engineers is to build a trusted, scalable and compliant platform to operate with speed, efficiency and quality. Our teams build and maintain the platforms critical to the existence of Coinbase. There are many teams that make up this group which include Product Foundations (i.e. Identity, Payment, Risk, Proofing & Regulatory, Finhub), Machine Learning, Customer Experience, and Infrastructure.What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Architect and develop a mass market interface for digital currency apps by adding new functionality to existing cryptocurrencies (i.e. staking, voting, predicting).
- Provide technical structure to teams and work closely with management and stakeholders to define strategic roadmaps
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards
- Design and implement foundational infrastructure components used by every engineering team in production (e.g. dynamic configuration, secrets storage, container orchestration, etc)
Nice to haves:
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- You've experienced architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together
- You have gone through a rapid growth in your company (from 10 to 100s of engineers)
- You have experience with Blockchains (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum etc.)
- You have experience decomposing a large monolith into microservices
- You've worked with Golang, Ruby, Docker, Sinatra, Rails, Postgres
- You've built financial, high reliability or security systems
Job #: GFE06NA
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $201,450 to $237,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.