Hi, we’re PEXA
We know you’ll Google us before applying, so we’ll keep this brief. Every time a house is bought, sold or refinanced in Australia your lawyer, conveyancer and lender will most likely use a digital platform to settle your property, this is where we come in. PEXA’s world-first digital settlement platform has revolutionised the way we exchange property in Australia helping over 20,000 people a week safely settle their homes. And this is just the beginning. Our data and insights are helping organisations unlock the intel they need to drive change and possibilities.
Since starting our journey in 2010, we now employ a team of over 1,000 people working across multiple continents. We’re still growing, innovating and looking ahead, but behind our greatest achievements, there is a team of curious creators and big thinkers. That’s why, we’re looking for ambitious people like yourself to join the team.
This exciting role is part of a brand new team that will deliver new products and microservices on our multi-national PEXA platform.
As a Technical Lead, you will work closely with the other engineers ensuring engineering excellence in your high performing team. You will utilise your technical expertise to perform analysis on the business domain then influence the design and lead the development of APIs used to deliver products to our customers.
At PEXA we are extremely proud of our work culture and the highly motivated and skilled team we have built. In joining our team, you will have the opportunity to work on this critical initiative and deliver the “wow” moments as the company continues to grow and expand.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design, develop and test quality APIs using a variety of languages, frameworks and tools.
- Provide Leadership in the design and implementation of product driven APIs and microservice architecture.
- Work with the Architecture and Engineering Teams.
- Work collaboratively and contribute to every stage of the software development lifecycle including technical design, pair programming, peer code review, documenting, testing and CI/CD
- Support and maintain services, including automated tests, bug fixes and general maintenance
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies based on SCRUM or Kanban
- Review tasks critically and ensures they are appropriately sized for continuous integration and incremental delivery
- Security aware – approach all engineering work with a security lens. Actively look for security vulnerabilities both in the code and when providing peer reviews
What You'll Bring To The Table
- Experience developing clean, high quality code across front end, back end and cloud
- Experience designing and building well-defined RESTful APIs for internal and external consumption
- Experience in API Gateways, preferably Kong
- Experience in Kotlin and/or Java (or an equivalent Tech stack and willing to learn).
- Experience designing, leading, building and troubleshooting complex software projects in a number of different contexts
- Proficiency in Object-Oriented Design, problem-solving and familiar with common data structures and algorithms.
- Solid understanding of modern software engineering practices including TDD, pair programming, version control, build processes and continuous integration
- Sound knowledge of complex software architecture, understanding the trade-offs, and the dynamics between its components. Ability to discuss topics at a high level and zoom in on the details when needed
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form both technical and non-technical concepts to engineers of different levels as well as non-technical partners.
Key Soft Skills
- Great communication skills, be able to explain complex concepts to non technical people
- Lead with empathy
- Have growth mindset
- Be highly analytical
- Have a passion for quality engineering
A career at PEXA starts with you!
If you think you have the required skills, an appetite to learn and would be a great fit, we’d love to hear from you – even if you don’t tick all the boxes. At PEXA we support your growth and help you discover your full potential.
Why join us
- Flexibility is in our DNA, with no set days office days – work from any location in Australia
- Your holistic wellbeing is important to us. Enjoy meditation, yoga, boxing classes and a wellness day each month to recharge!
- We know that work is just one aspect of your life. That’s why we offer up to 12 weeks ‘workcation’ for you to extend personal travel time and work remotely
- Take the opportunity to purchase up to four weeks additional annual leave per year
- Learn from the best and upskill with PEXA Academy certifications and grow your career
Our commitment to our people and a better future
At PEXA we want you to embrace your best self each day, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and participate, so that every person can reach their full potential. We want our people to feel equally valued, supported and celebrated. With market-leading benefits that make a difference, we’re committed to supporting individuals, families and carers. Your culture, gender, sexual orientation, language and other attributes make you unique! We couldn't be prouder to have a team that reflects the richness of our wider community.
We’re a proud ‘Circle Back Initiative’
Employer and commit to responding to every applicant.
A career at PEXA is exciting, challenging and rewarding, and we’re always on the lookout for talented individuals to join the team. You can learn more about life at PEXA on our website and social channels too.