Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking an Analytics Engineer to join the Data Science team at SoFi (with a Credit Card & Money product focus). Ideal candidates must be enthused about writing SQL and Python, solving data problems, as well as building data pipelines and dashboards to help inform decisions and convey the state of our business to our stakeholders. You must be a quick learner, self-starting, and have the ability to maintain and build within a horizontal and vertical scaling data warehouse. The role will require hands-on experience with handling data, demonstrated understanding and experience with troubleshooting and fixing data issues, as well as provisioning data pipelines and reports.
You’ll need to demonstrate first-rate attention to detail, and the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure. You’ll need to be comfortable in developing ideas to solve problems, then executing on those ideas though deployment. In addition to the needed technical skills, the Analytics Engineer will need strong verbal and written communication skills to interface with many areas of the business.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. Whether our members or potential members want to borrow, spend, save, invest, or protect; SoFi is the best place to go to get it right. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead; but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.What you’ll do:
What you’ll need:
- Design, build and maintain data models used for reporting and analytics, using Airflow and DBT.
- Develop expertise in our SoFi Credit Card and Money data to build and own relevant pipelines/ETLs, answer business questions, and develop insightful analysis.
- Design streamlined, thoughtful, scalable, and reliable reporting. Develop ownership of new reporting ETLs and our Tableau dashboard space to help track key metrics and empower the team with data to inform business decisions.
- Build self-service systems to enable others in the organization to leverage your work.
- Build SQL queries or Python code to delve into SoFi’s data and answer questions about our members’ behavior.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners (such as Product, Finance, and Marketing) to understand their needs and translate them into key metrics and reports.
- Create dashboards and KPIs to help display business performance to management.
- Be a primary point of contact for ad hoc data requests and reporting
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or quantitative field.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong programming skills in SQL and Python, as well as proficiency in Tableau
- Experience with using DBT/Airflow to build and own Data Pipelines in Snowflake
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Strong relationship building and collaborative skills
- Ability to work independently, and a strong sense of ownership
Compensation And Benefits
- Demonstrated interest in the Financial sector
The base pay range for this role is listed below. Final base pay offer will be determined based on individual factors such as the candidate’s experience, skills, and location.
To view all of our comprehensive and competitive benefits, visit our Benefits at SoFi
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email email@example.com.
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.Internal Employees
If you are a current employee, do not apply here - please navigate to our Internal Job Board in Greenhouse to apply to our open roles.