We're driven by a mission to make digital payments accessible to everyone, everywhere. With our innovative payment solutions, we empower businesses of all sizes to access new markets and connect with more customers. Our clients include some of the world's most innovative companies, such as Ant Group, PayPal, and Stripe, who depend on PPRO to accelerate their growth.
We take pride in our diversity, which comprises over 65 nationalities spread across 11 global locations, and while there are over 550 of us, we’re all united by a shared a passion for building – whether that’s trusted relationships with our customers, or next generation products that make payments simpler, faster, and more secure for everyone.
At PPRO, we believe that everyone can make a difference. We encourage our team members to seize opportunities to maximize their impact, adopt a growth mindset, build trust with each other and our customers, and drive change across the industry. We’re just at the start of our journey to become the leading payments technology provider globally – and that’s where you come in.
You will be responsible for ensuring PPRO complies with local regulatory standards. You will be the contact point for the UK regulatory body, the FCA, with PPRO. You will help mature and develop PPRO’s compliance programme in close collaboration with a multitude of functions across the organisation.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide oversight of compliance-related activities, mainly anti-money laundering, combating the financing of terrorism, sanctions, reporting.
- Carry out necessary risk assessments, customer sign-off, managing SARs, training, monitoring AML compliance;
- Implement policies and controls as needed to ensure a robust AML framework is in place.
- Provide assistance and advice across the organization on topics relating to AML/CTF, sanctions, etc.
- Provide reports and disclosures to the FCA, NCA and other relevant authorities as needed.
- Foster a compliance culture, collaborative environment and a solution-oriented approach to dealing with AML and compliance issues as they arise.
You'll need to have:
- Five or more years of experience in a compliance role within the UK regulated sector;
- Excellent knowledge of e-money and payment institution business models;
- Be results oriented and possess an ability to work through to a conclusion under tight deadlines;
- Be proactive and aware of the latest financial crime and money laundering trends;
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills;
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
What's in it for you ?:
- We offer flexible working, so you can strike the right balance between office and home working. That’s on top of our 25 days holiday allowance.
- Because better safe than sorry - we want our employees to benefit from various insurances including a medical insurance (BUPA health care plan), a pension plan through Now Pensions and a travel insurance.
Free gym membership
- We’ll cover the cost of your gym, so you can look after your physical fitness (and your wallet too)
Professional and personal development
- We provide leadership cafes, on-the-job training, and access to LinkedIn learning to help you gain knowledge beyond your role.
Mental Health Platform
- We’ve teamed up with a top well-being platform to provide one-on-one therapy, chat therapy, therapist-led courses, guided meditations, and more.
Our HQ office
on Chancery Lane, is a short walk from Holborn, Farringdon and Covent Garden so if you’re a foodie there’s plenty nearby. The office is befitting a tech business and is set up for cross team collaboration. Critically there’s also a sun-terrace, and a well-stocked fridge.