Move money. Make money. Finix processes billions of dollars every year for leading SaaS, marketplace, and e-commerce platforms. With one developer-friendly API, Finix helps companies accept payments, manage payouts, and onboard merchants—everything you need to enable payment processing, and grow revenue.
Finix has raised over $100M from American Express Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew, Inspired Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, Visa, and others.
About the Role:
At Finix, we build for scale and develop systems that can process tens of thousands of events per second. Our systems move millions of dollars per day. We iterate quickly and constantly release new features with little to no margin for error.
As a member of the Support Engineering Team, you are the front line and the face of Finix. You will interact with customers daily and help them on their path to becoming payment facilitators, all while simultaneously improving the product through feature requests. This is a cross-functional role and you will be collaborating across multiple teams including but not limited to our Revenue, Product, and Engineering teams.
We are looking for a candidate who is a payment nerd or is interested in being one. Additionally, successful candidates are natural problem-solvers and show a curiosity about how the industry works. They are excited to help our customers build their own perfect payments stack.
- Collaborate with the Revenue, Product, and Engineering teams on projects, features, and tasks along with managing the Zendesk queue and answering tickets
- Troubleshoot, debug, and document technical customer issues and solutions
- Build strong relationships with Finix users, work with them to resolve their issues including identifying product gaps and enhancement, and work to implement solutions and improvements
- Act as a customer advocate in cross-functional product meetings
Engage and participate in team learnings to better understand the payments ecosystem
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar experience (Open to DevBootcamp graduates and non-college graduates)
- Experience working with RESTful JSON APIs, Curl Commands, SQL, scripting languages, debugging, log aggregators, and web technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You believe in being open, honest, and direct in your communications
- Comfortable working in a fast pace environment and interacting with a high volume of customers every day, team-oriented, and hungry to learn
- Strong foundational knowledge of APIs and can easily explain the concept
Bonus points if you have:
- Previous experience working for SaaS companies
- Payments experience