NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
The Payments Subject Matter Expert works in a complex technical environment investigating, coordinating and delivering solutions to customer problems arising during implementation and operation of NCR Connect Payments. The SME, working in close collaboration with support, engineering, SaaS operations, professional services and account teams, drives resolution and customer communications in response to escalated customer incidents and maintains relationships with key customers. Offer input and gain knowledge as a subject matter expert on products, systems, and services
Position Summary & Key Areas Of Responsibility
- Knowledgeable across the retail, grocery and/or hospitality payments product range including all solution(s) currently released and supported
- Knowledgeable on 3rd party products used within Payments solutions
- Input and guidance to engineering on potential resolution of product defects
- Leads the discovery and diagnosis of customer identified payments issues and ensures corrective actions are identified and executed to address customer concerns.
- Gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypothesis
- Identify, design, develop and validate solution(s)
- Ability to research problems with no known solutions and design solutions for identified problems
- Collaborate and communicate with technical suppliers including other Software Support Engineers, Third Party Suppliers, Product Development Engineers, Solutions Managers, Professional Services and Technical Support Specialists as appropriate; while maintaining ownership of the incident
- Ability to manage multiple issues of differing stages of investigation and priority without assistance.
- Work with product developers to assess and create product alterations and contribute to long term solutions
- Work diligently to ensure customer satisfaction targets are achieved
- Enhance customer service by dealing with all incidents professionally
- Customer escalation management with minimal assistance
- Including key position of driving and communicating a status of incident to all relevant parties including senior management as required.
- Populate the knowledge base with product and in-depth technical information
- Ensure article is created & released for appropriate audience (external/internal)
- Perform a trend analysis using customer profiles and/or incident data to identify “preventative notification” opportunities
- Work with product developers/solutions managers to improve product design quality
- Bachelor of Science/ Master of Science degree in a discipline related to the product technology - Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 6 years software related job experience (support/development)
- High school education
- Minimum of 10+ years software related job experience (support/development)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within payments field, preferably in retail or hospitality industries
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Excited by the challenge of the unknown
- Analytical Skills
- Ability to be available for 7x24 on call if required
- Ability to work flexible working hours
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.