Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
What the role is.
As part of a strategic shift for Visa’s global marketing, the new Global Content Strategy, Development & Distribution team
was created in November of last year to develop a content capability that incubates and scales influential content on behalf of Visa’s marketing positioning and voice. We have a near term focus on an always-on content social capability to reinvigorate Visa’s presence on social platforms and further innovate and guide how Visa engages with key communities.
You will be part of a senior global team in charge of developing our strategy, what we focus on and what creates the most value for Visa. As part of this new function, there will be a focus on how we use our resources effectively to create results that can scale. This includes architecting new partnerships with cross functional Visa teams, agencies, platforms and content partnerships.
In this role, you will head up a clear vision and action plan for the team as the Senior Director, Global Strategic Planning and Operations.
As we develop our strategy, build content and create distribution methods, your role will to partner with the team to prioritize and lead high growth opportunities and develop business cases for new opportunities not yet seen or created.
In the mid-term, you will help the team to build and operationalize an internal content team, cultivate new agency relationships and platform partnerships. You will help architect new resources and capabilities to enable more creative, nimble, and community driven content and engagement with our many audiences.
Essential Functions (Required),
What you will do.
- Build and execute a holistic, year-round strategic vision for the team’s goals and outcomes including dependencies and other cross function partners.
- In partnership with your VP articulate our vision, values and expectations for our work
- Partner with the VP of Marketing Operations on our CMO’s new strategic planning vision
- Work hand in hand with finance in our annual planning initiatives, including managing the team’s budget, etc.
- Partner with regional and global planning and operations leads to develop efficient and effective goals.
- Develop a working model for our team and with other global and regional partners to create high levels of collaboration and engagement.
- Build business cases with our analytics partners on the value of our work to the brand and business
- Create a cross-team collaborative process for rapid response content to activate timely cultural and social trends in-line with the brands objectives.
- Act as a champion of innovation and collaboration and inspire the marketing team to do the same
- Help lead Visa’s entry into emerging social channels, moving at the speed of social.
- Identify resource and people for growth priorities, partner with the people team on enterprise-wide processes – annual review, talent planning, etc.
- Project management team wide initiatives and strategy, including creating executive presentations, internal communications, coordinating executive focus meetings and updates.
- Strategic planning process, 1-3-5-year plans.
- Cultivate new agency relationship and platforms partnerships.
- Establishing various work processes and their required supporting tools to maintain smooth operations, improve efficiency and deliver complete communication across all departments
Who you are.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA)
- You have deep experience in strategic and operations roles on the brand side managing digital and social marketing and content initiatives, developing integrated marketing campaigns, and collaborating with agency partners and cross-functional teams.
- 14+ years of work experience, with a Bachelor’s degree – Master’s preferred
- You are an influential and seasoned creative leader with experience engaging and collaborating across complex global teams and local markets to deliver best-in-class content.
- You bring fresh creative ideas to increase efficient and effective experimentation
- You have a bias for action, not bureaucracy, and are able to act nimbly and quickly while rallying cross-functional teams and senior execs behind a shared vision.
- An organized, independent, and deadline-driven individual with preferred experience in a large creative organization.
- You have proven ability to drive results with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with limited resources.
- A thought-leader, change agent, and champion of developing new ways of working.
- Must have strong leadership experience with a desire to mentor and grow teams.
Varies upon the needs of the department.
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 183,100.00 to 220,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.