Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa’s Corporate Planning & Analysis team is seeking a Financial Analyst for a high-impact role focusing on Visa’s total global revenue. This is a fast-paced and exciting role with high visibility to the company’s overall strategy and performance and interaction with the most senior leaders. An ideal candidate will have a strong core skill set in corporate finance and planning, and experience on a high performing team at a global company or firm.
This role will be involved in all phases of Visa’s financial cycle, from long-range planning and budgeting through in-year forecasting, performance management, and quarterly results analysis. The Financial Analyst will develop best-in-class financial modeling and reporting tools, investigate business results in support of quarterly earnings release and board of directors meetings, and develop ad hoc analysis to enable executive decision-making. Candidates should be highly motivated and collaborative with a track record of driving deliverables and thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Planning & Analysis
- Supports consolidation and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual results, identifies and interprets key variances, trends, and insights
- Assists in financial planning models and roll-ups
- Consolidates input from across regions and business units into global Visa Inc. level view
- Support the process of revamping the reporting and planning tools by building scalable financial models using modeling best-practices
- Key participant across all processes including quarterly financial outlooks, long-range plan, annual budget, quarterly earnings release, monthly commentary on business drivers and financial results, and ongoing metrics tracking
- Collaborates with a broad base of stakeholders across Global Corporate FP&A organization and regional finance teams
- Supports a wide variety of ad hoc requests and special projects (with common inbound inquiries from finance & business leaders and Visa executive leadership)
- Strong analytical and corporate finance skillset
- Exceptional proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and strong user of other reporting/analytical tools e.g. Tableau, TM1, Essbase, Hyperion etc.
- Build financial models and reports, while ensuring data integrity and clearly explaining methodology and key assumptions to various stakeholders
- Able to present analysis and large amounts of data in clear and concise format for executive presentations
- Understanding of corporate FP&A planning and reporting cycles (long-range planning, budget, forecast, month end and quarter end close, earnings, etc.)
- Highly detail oriented and innately curious
- Thrives in a fast-paced, demanding and rapidly changing environment supporting C-suite executives
- Collaborative team player with a desire to build relationships and partner with the others within the team as well as broader corporate planning org, business unit finance and regional counterparts
- Able to rapidly establish a broad and deep understanding of the payments landscape.
- Interest in Visa’s business, macroeconomic and consumer spending trends, payments and financial technology landscape
- Foundational understanding of multi-party economic model (issuers, acquirers, processors, interchange, merchants, cardholders, etc.)
This is a hybrid position.
Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- A Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or similar quantitative field is preferred
- 3+ years of professional experience in corporate planning, strategic finance, FP&A, investor relations, public accounting, management consulting, banking, or similar functions
- CPA, CFA, or similar certification is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge of Tableau and other analytical data tools highly beneficial
- Experience with Essbase, Oracle, or similar ERP systems
- Must be comfortable working with a heavy volume of data from multiple sources
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, with proven ability to problem solve and work independently
- Ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines and accustomed to a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills, able to adapt and prioritize within a multi-tasking environment, requiring simultaneous management of multiple projects
- Self-motivated and be willing to utilize and learn new technology to solve problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of payments industry is a plus
Varies upon the needs of the department.
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 92,600.00 to 118,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.