In the last 10 years, Mambu has been revolutionising banking - making it more accessible, more straightforward and more inclusive for everyone. With fresh funding secured and a near €5 billion valuation we have huge ambitions for ourselves and the whole banking sector.
We bring this same sense of innovation and aspiration to how we support our people. We pioneered the 4 day summer work week, have announced the provision of equity for all and launched Our Mambu Deal to capture how we work with each other and what we offer all Mambuvians.
These are just the beginning. We’ll continue to look for ways to make Mambu an even better place to work.
We’re not here to play it safe.
We’re here to change the world.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Financial Analyst in Group Reporting within the global FP&A team, you work closely with numerous stakeholders and your colleagues to fulfil and optimize internal management reporting requirements. You are constantly servicing our internal clients by also having a keen eye on quality and efficiency of the processes, and making suggestions for or driving the improvements of such processes.
The Senior Financial Analyst in Group Reporting helps drive critical business decisions by analyzing metrics and designing reports, where you communicate these results to managers and often provide suggestions based on your findings.
What You’ll Bring
- Responsible for group reporting deliverables including involvement in improvement initiatives;
- Work with various stakeholders (Business Partners, Accounting, Systems) to make sure the financial close process runs as smoothly as possible;
- Identify data quality issues and follow up on these with the different departments;
- Make the reporting output and controls more standardized and reusable, avoiding exceptions per business line;
- Design business analyses and data reporting systems for use throughout the department;
- Maintain databases and perform updates as necessary to ensure accuracy;
- Regularly examine data reports to locate and resolve mistakes throughout;
- Accurately analyze and collect data for various types of business reports;
- Create business reports that provide insight into key data points;
- Communicate the results of data analysis in written and verbal form to managers;
- Monitor data to identify changes in financial and business trends;
- Liaise with auditors;
- Periodic preparations of reporting deliverables for shareholder reporting requirements;
- Support onboardings, (ad-hoc) requests and change projects.
What you’ll bring
Your Experience Includes
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field
- Five to eight years of experience, have hands-on experience as a financial or business analyst
- Chartered accountant, ACCA, CPA or equivalent a plus
- Sound knowledge of IFRS, and a demonstrable hands-on experience of applying accounting principles is essential
- Experience in NetSuite a plus; strong with MS Excel, and affinity with IT systems
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Google Sheets also a plus
- Analytical skills that allow for the development of data-driven reports
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to use intermediate (minimum requirement) to advanced features of Microsoft Excel to create pivot tables, graphs, charts, as well as handle and manipulate large amounts of data
- Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions
- Tendency to pay close attention to small details that could impact results
- General knowledge of business operations, objectives, strategies, process and information flow
- Stakeholder management skills
- Hands-on Microsoft Excel skills and experience in ERP software programs
- Fluent oral and written English communication skills
Your Colleagues Would Say
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills, able to act on his own convictions, also when risks are involved.
- You have the ability to effectively communicate the results of your analyses is critical and are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively relate data to coworkers.
We are a diverse group of Mambuvians, and we are growing fast. Our eyes are on the future, and we believe we can use our technology and our talent to deliver banking experiences for billions that are also sustainable and inclusive and accessible.
We’re also focused on delivering a fantastic working experience for all Mambuvians. We pioneered the 4 day working week between June - August many years ago, and continue to innovate around how work should feel and how it should get done. Our Mambu Deal is how we articulate this relationship of support and dedication which drives us all forward.
To stay on top of the latest Fintech trends and our success stories, please follow us on LinkedIn .
To experience more of the Mambu culture in action, you can follow us on Facebook or Instagram or YouTube .
For more details regarding our global career opportunities, please visit our Career Site.
As part of the recruitment (or HR onboarding) process, you will be required to obtain authorized criminal background and credit screening results, as well as be queried against a sanctions/anti-money-laundering/counter terrorism financing/politically exposed persons screening service and your employment is conditional upon approval of these results.