Accounts Payable Associate, Hybrid (office based 2 days a week).
This is an excellent opportunity for an Accounts Payable Associate to develop their career within a busy finance department. The role offers excellent career development opportunity, with study support offered to achieve an accounting qualification (e.g. CIMA).
Role will involve operating Pay.UK’s accounts payable function, whilst managing and maintaining supplier invoice related relationships, payments and queries.
This role’s responsibilities include maintaining accurate records regarding payments to suppliers, processing payments and providing an appropriate level of training to staff members outside the Finance Team.
This role includes the processing of the monthly expense reimbursements and corporate cards.
The role should be focused on driving efficiency in the supplier payments process whilst building and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships.
- Respond to external suppliers and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment and assisting with bank reconciliations.
- Verify the accuracy of supplier invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Generate payments to suppliers on a routine schedule and match the check with backup for review by the Financial Accounting Supervisor.
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records according to company standards.
- Review direct debits to ensure correct coding and authorisation as well as sufficient contracts and documentation.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure easily available information.
- Monitor supplier balances and analyse accounts whereby further financial focus is required and should be reported.
- Ensures that systems, policies, and procedures adhere to company policies while functioning with accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensure transactions are carried out with controls and governance in line with business rules.
- Ensure accounting transactions are appropriately applied and maintained in line with governing standards across all group entities for accounts payable.
- Reconcile all supplier accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain good working relations with both internal and external clients.
- Support the other functional teams across finance with the required MI in the production of their monthly and other ad-hoc reports.
- Ensure Income Tax and VAT are recorded with UK regulations.
- Create payment run schedule for approval by Head of Financial Control and Financial Accounting Supervisor.
- Be active and clear with communications to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with the review and update of policies and procedures.
- Ensure correct processes are adhered to in line with organisational policies.
- Input into the company’s risk processes and procedures to ensure compliance with the organisational processes.
- Input into key performance metrics and other measures as required.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are followed, and risks are identified and managed within your area of responsibility.
- Work with Procurement to maintain and manage purchase order process. Maintain integrity of the purchase order process.
- Processing of the monthly expense reimbursements and corporate cards.
- Contributes to the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the organisation through performing own responsibilities.
- Participates in the development of the team’s policies, procedures, and processes through providing input and feedback.
- Provides support to the Financial Accounting Supervisor and Head of Financial Control in achieving strategy and objectives.
Skills and Experience
- At least one year of experience working in an Accounts Payable function.
- Intermediate/advanced skills in Excel.
- Experience in SAP Concur.
- Experience in Infor Sun.
- Microsoft Office
- Strong controls and governance understanding and application.
- Quick learner, ability to embrace change whilst seeking to drive efficiency in key processes.
- Forward thinking.
- Good time management skills and working to set timetables.
- Able to work independently with a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across all levels in the business to ensure consistent processes.
- Team player, positive attitude.
- Ability to raise questions and escalate when exceptions are identified.
Pay.UK maintains and develops the UK retail payment systems and standards that are core to the economy being able to function on a day-to-day basis.
From Bacs to Faster Payments and cheques – we act as the single operator for all UK retail payments. We put the needs of consumers and businesses at the heart of everything we do, working in the public interest to ensure that the systems the country relies on for its banking transactions are safe, open, innovative and resilient.
Our payment systems underpin the services that enable funds to be transferred between people and institutions. In 2018, the UK’s retail payment systems processed 8.8 billion transactions worth £7 trillion through Bacs Direct Credit, Direct Debit, Faster Payments, and cheques.
Every day, individuals and businesses use the services we provide to get their salaries, pay their bills and make online and mobile banking payments. Our vision for the future is to enable a vibrant economy, with Pay.UK delivering the best-in-class payment infrastructure and standards for the benefit of consumers and businesses nationwide.
- 12% Non-contributory pension
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 30 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection, health cash plan, dental insurance, Bupa medicals etc
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Annual fitness subsidy of up to £500 per annum