Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This position is ideal for an experienced SW engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of Loyalty & Marketing Services team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation.
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Develop code and mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team s deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
Most important qualities for the candidate are:
- Academics : Bachelor or Master s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Curiosity : A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why tasks are done a certain way
- Creativity : The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas.
- Strategic focus: Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
- Attention to detail: The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
- Strong work ethic: The innate drive to do work extremely well
- Enthusiasm: A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
• 4-6 years of full-stack software development experience primarily with Java (v1.8 or more).
• Good experience with Java EE and Spring framework, Microservices, REST API s
• Good understanding of one or more relational and NoSQL database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2 etc.
• Experience on Kafka is a big Plus
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline and code versioning tools such as Git
• Working knowledge on UNIX/Linux OS and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
• Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision
• Experience in best practices for API development and design patterns
• Experience in building RESTful services
• Experience in developing real-time multithreaded Java applications that are fault-tolerant, scalable and can handle high volumes