Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
- Responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and recording financial transactions, as well as reporting this information.
- Proactively research and document conclusions on accounting issues with appropriate references to relevant IFRS and US GAAP pronouncements. This includes interpretation of accounting guidance and the company's policy application of sound judgment to these projects.
- Take ownership for specific components of the consolidated balance sheet and income statement, review and confirm consolidated balances during month-end closing and perform ongoing analytical review.
- Complete complex account reconciliations and journal entries in support of the monthly close process.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting operational procedures and document such processes and procedures.
- May have responsibility to provide guidance to other accountants with similar occupational skills or limited scope of responsibility.
- Interaction with various levels of management within and outside of Finance and internal and external audit teams and participation in cross-functional projects will be a routine part of the job.
- Complete and maintain process documentation and ensure SOX 404 compliance for areas of responsibility.
- Partner with key stakeholders to resolve queries and issues.
- ACA or ACCA qualification preferred, and clear progressive professional accounting experience, preferably in a publicly traded company or with a public accounting firm
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written, oral, listening and presentational skills and ability to work well under pressure and interact at all levels are also required.
- Strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Proficient with Oracle or similar enterprise accounting system
- Proficient in utilizing Excel to efficiently analyze data. Python is a plus.
- Background with continuous improvement methodologies, driving increases in efficiency and effectiveness
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control compliance
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Capable of handling multiple tasks, possess good organizational, communication, and analytical skills, able to work independently, and be extremely flexible.
- Welcomes challenging, complex projects and demonstrates an ability for working smarter not harder by making continuous improvement to the efficiency of processes.
- Teamwork is essential to the group, so it is critical that the candidate interact with other team members and managers collaboratively and effectively.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.