NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
The digital banking’s Cloud Engineering mission is to take a proactive approach to maintain the integrity of our Digital First banking platform. As a leader within the Cloud Platform team, you will accomplish this by implementing and enforcing standards and practices that promote security, availability, and performance.
Your teams will provide guidance, tooling, and best practices to our development teams so that they can develop reliable, performant, scalable applications in the cloud.
As a leader in the organization, you will provide mentoring within our own team as well as to our peer teams so that we can continue to grow skill and expertise across our core initiatives.
- Lead and grow a team of cloud engineers.
- Mentor team members to aid in strengthening technical and business skills.
- Collaborate closely with cloud architects to drive cloud solutions.
- Engage with the development teams to implement well architected standards when designing products.
- Collaborate with leaders, managers, and employees across different departments to drive our initiatives.
- Work with Cloud Security Architects and Engineers to ensure NCR’s digital banking public cloud is secure and up to security standards.
- Be hands-on with Cloud Engineers to design and implement technical solutions.
- Manage escalations that involve technically challenging issues across diverse audiences.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of 8+ engineers
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and a proven ability to build strong relationships and trust throughout the organization, including with senior leadership
- Familiarity with Kanban/SCRUM to prioritize work and set strategic goals
- Experience supporting distributed systems within a cloud platform
- 4+ years of experience working with GCP/AWS Cloud
- 2+ years writing applications in Java/Python (or equivalent development experience)
- 2+ years of experience working with Kubernetes or other container-based technology
- 2+ years working with CI/CD tools and technology; like ArgoCD, Github Actions and Artifactory
- 2+ years working with Terraform or equivalent IaC
- Ability to document and publish recommendations and guidance
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.