At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is looking for a Security Compliance Analyst to support risk and compliance efforts in designing, evaluating, implementing, and improving IT Security controls across various workstreams; including Internal Controls Financial Reporting/Sarbanes Oxley (ICFR/SOX), Service Organization Controls Reports (SOC Reports), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), International Standards Organization (ISO), among others - for our Institutional products line.
What You’ll Be Doing (ie. Job Duties)
- Work cross functionally with Security, IT, Infrastructure, Product, Engineering, Data, Internal Audit, Finance, and other teams to advise on security best practices and provide guidance on IT Risk and controls (including ICFR/SOX, SOC1/SOC 2, ISO, and NIST controls as well as financial services regulatory reporting requirements)
- Build relationships with a broad range of Coinbase employees at various levels to accomplish program objectives, educate them on their roles and responsibilities, and further Coinbase’s Security goals
- Assist in SOC 1, SOC 2, and regulatory requirement gap assessments for Institutional services, track remediation efforts to completion, and facilitate audits with external auditors
- Conduct design and implementation testing over security controls, identify and analyze process gaps, develop remediation recommendations, and track to completion
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to educate them and achieve compliance over technology control environment
- Communicate progress, escalations, and issue resolutions to management and team stakeholders
- Collaborate with Legal and Security to update company security policies to reflect Institutional requirements
- Coordinate with Engineering partners to learn about services that support our digital asset transactions and document their processes
- Create procedural documentation, including training materials or process documentation
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 4+ years of security/IT compliance or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience with implementing, reviewing or auditing security frameworks such as SOC 1, SOC 2, ICFR/SOX, NIST and/or ISO27001
- Prior experience working closely with auditors and/or external regulators
- Experience with compliance initiatives from start to finish
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to effectively and autonomously accomplish outcomes across cross-functional teams in ambiguous situations with light supervision
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Focus on precision and accuracy, and the drive to clarify ambiguity
Nice To Haves
- BA or BS in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Prior experience at a Big 4 or consulting experience in Cybersecurity preferred
- Security certifications e.g. CISA, CISSP, CISM or other relevant certifications
- Experience mapping common controls across multiple frameworks in a GRC tool
- Financial services or financial regulatory experience
Job #: P51263
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $131,325 to $154,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.