Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About The Role
The candidate will be primarily responsible for negotiating and executing on business, legal, product, and marketing aspects of partner deals. The candidate will be responsible for owning all aspects of partnerships including sourcing, negotiating, launching, and maintaining new and existing partnerships. The candidate will represent Ramp interests with partners while being a vocal proponent of partners’ interests within Ramp. The candidate will work cross functionally with Ramp’s product, engineering, marketing, strategic finance, and legal teams. As the Ramp product and partnerships footprint increases, the candidate will ensure Ramp has the partnerships in place to deliver on its mission to save customers more time and money.
We are looking for a leader that has a deep understanding of card economics and technology partners across multiple products and geographies. The candidate will be great at building relationships, negotiating high-stakes and complex deals, and can simplify complex topics. The candidate will be able to drive cross functional projects at high velocity and motivate external and internal constituents including product, engineering, operations and more. When the candidate doesn't know how something works, they have the skills and resources to find out.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the relationships with our key partners, expanding what we do together, driving innovation in our products, and ensuring we are getting the best from our partners
- Negotiate major commercial agreements, owning the entire deal process, from finding the right partners, negotiating the deals, rallying internal teams behind your vision, closing, and launching the partnership
- Ensure Ramp has best-in-class economics with our partners and the optimal structures in place to facilitate rapid product development
- Develop relationships with new partners, and establish processes to specify needs and selecting partners
- Advise internal stakeholders on the best approaches to product development and maintain knowledge of best practices in our ecosystem
What You Need
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in Business Development or Partnership Management
- Exceptional analytical and strategic skills
- Understanding of technology and user needs
- Experience driving, closing, and managing complex financial technology partnership deals and delivering long-term value
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative product partnership ideas that can help scale and grow our business
- Clear communication, structured thinking, organization and project management skills
- Strong collaborator who can build relationships across the company internally and with partners
- Strong negotiation skills, with an emphasis on driving partner value
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $148,750-$175,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. Based Employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance