Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: Powering Payments, Uplifiting People
At Visa, you will be a part of our diverse, dynamic, and passionate team of engineers to solve the many challenges and puzzles that come with our constantly evolving technical stack.
You will be a full stack engineer who is ready to work with new technologies and architectures in a diverse and inclusive organization that constantly pushes boundaries in enterprise FinTech. Here, you will take complete end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack.
You will learn new things at Visa and be encouraged to grow.
What a Developer does at Visa?
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development, including design, implementation, deployment and operations.
- Involved in the architecture and design of end-to-end systems optimized for speed and scale.
- Learn new ways of doing things as we evolve our product and development approach towards a cloud first, test-first, build-it/run-it approach.
- Collaborate with product, designers and full- stack engineers to build solutions for customers.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- Relevant software development experience
- Curious mind to solve problems
- Communication and collaboration
- Self-awareness, a positive demeanor, team player, sense of humor and empathy
- Experience building solutions using any software development framework
Nice to have / Willing to Learn
- Test-first development (BDD and TDD)
- Refactoring, DDD, Clean Code, SOLID principles, and design patterns
- DevOps and Cloud (AWS)
- Create IaC designs and build highly scalable and resilient platforms.
- Scripting experience for automation on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Experience with operational teams such as security, resilience, monitoring, logging, patching, and disaster recovery.
- Relational (MSSQL) and Document Databases
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain automated infrastructure for applications that leverage AWS's capabilities
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.