We are seeking a team player with an ownership mindset to join our Strategy and Corporate Development team. The Strategy and Corporate Development Manager will be joining a small and collaborative team, reporting into the Chief Strategy and Corporate Development Officer, working closely with the CFO and CEO, focused on strategy development, solving the most critical strategic questions and the execution of global M&A activities.
What you do
The role consists of strategy development, solving critical questions and supporting aspects of the deal process:
Leading on strategy development:
- Build on OFX’s corporate strategy, including developing e.g. scenario planning, strategy principles, competitive advantages and competitive positioning
- Support the strategic planning process with analysis and presentations for the Executive Team and the Board
Leading on solving the most critical strategic questions:
- Design, execute and lead detailed problem definition, work plans, analysis, strategic option evaluation and strategy development to support critical decision making, and case for change, where required
- Manage and deliver discrete strategic projects or work-streams on larger projects
- Prepare presentations for the Executive Team and the Board in support of critical decision-making projects
Support ad hoc aspects of deal execution:
- Support analysis and preparation of Non-Binding Indicative Offers (NBIO)
- Support due diligence (e.g., strategic, operational, risk and technology, etc.)
- Support document negotiation and closing activities
- Prepare presentations for the Executive Team and the Board in support of deal buy-in and approvals
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Strategic thinking skills, defined as the ability to structure complex and ambiguous issues, to deliver well-supported data-backed recommendations
- Experience with the hypothesis-based problem solving approach
- Experience with strategic planning, strategic reviews and other core strategy projects
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, own the strategic questions and engage with teams and executives, with autonomy
- Excellent communication, judgment, maturity to work across all levels (the team, cross-functional partners and executives)
- Team player, pro-active and action oriented, who enjoys ownership
- Experience leading work-streams or projects
- Desire to continuously learn / develop
- Desire to work globally
- Desire to have exposure to M&A
- At least some experience with financial services
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with technology
- 5-10 years of work experience with a minimum of 2 years in management consulting and/or Corporate Strategy at a corporate/financial institution
- Undergraduate, graduate or MBA degree
What it's like working at OFX
We’reOFXers because we want to make a difference.We see challenges as opportunities and we’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves to get stuff done.We’re committed to making things easier for our clients,pushing boundaries and continuing to move with the timesso that we can continue to inspire confidence every day and through every transaction.
We operate asone team, cross-functionally and globallyto drive outcomes that deliver excellence for our customers.We're curious self-starters who love learning and sharing our knowledge with others.We embrace change and use ourinitiative and resilience to overcome challenges.
- Always keep learning.We offer LinkedIn learning programs,which all OFXers have access to. We offer a variety of other learning programs and host an annual Open Day to encourage cross functional and soft skill learning
- Giving back, we encourage OFXers to give back to causes and communities that are important to them.We celebrate this with anannual volunteer day, that OFXers can use together or individually
- We promote an environment ofreward and recognition,OFXers are encouraged to celebrate their peers’ effort, technical expertise or support through a range of channels and awards
- Our Good Vibes employee-led committees organize events to keep our employees engaged inside and outside the office. Whether it’s participating in our weekly yoga class (now also on Zoom), office happy hours, end of year celebrations. Our team wants you to feel welcome!
At OFX, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where we value, respect, and encourage our people to be their authentic selves. With an employee base as diverse as the clients we serve, we know that being an inclusive workplace is fundamental to our continued success.
We encourage you to apply if this role aligns with your career aspirations.