Zilch, the world’s first Commerce Card, is a UK-headquartered payments technology company, known for creating the Googlisation of Payments. Our mission is to create the best and most empowering way to pay, for anything, anywhere our customers want to spend. Using Zilch’s virtual Mastercard that sits in a customer’s digital wallet, Zilch combines the best of debit, credit and savings. Meaning our customers can either earn rewards on debit payments in the form of instant cashback (‘Pay in 1’) or spread interest-free repayments over six weeks (‘Pay in 4’), bringing them financial choice and maturing their credit profiles.
Since launching as an FCA regulated business in the UK in September 2020 and in the US in May 2022, Zilch has amassed over 3 million customers in 24 months and turned gross profitable – years faster than other well-known fintechs. In that time, we have provided our customers with over £80 million in aggregate rewards and savings on fees and interest. Zilch is Europe’s fastest-ever company to go from Series A to double-unicorn status, in just 14 months, after raising capital at a $2bn valuation in November 2021 and maintaining that valuation in a subsequent equity funding round in Summer 2022.
About the role:
The role reports to the Financial Controller and is responsible for managing all finance and accounting operations.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for month end process, ensure accurate, timely and compliant management of all regular accounting transactions
- Preparing the monthly financial reports with commentary including comparing actuals to budget workings with FP&A to understand any significant variances
- Managing and supporting the accounts payable team and ensuring timely supplier payments
- Prepare and submit the quarterly VAT and annual Corporation Tax returns
- Take ownership and deliver continuous improvement of all transactional and key finance processes for the UK
- Challenge current processes and demonstrate a capacity to suggest improved and streamlined ways of working whilst managing stakeholder expectations
- Partner with the business to understand new product offerings and assess accounting and finance implications
- Support the Financial Controller with ad hoc tasks as required
What we’re looking for:
- ACA/ACCA Qualified accountant with strong accounting knowledge and post qualification experience in industry
- Have a strong foundation in technical accounting and strong analytical skills including VAT partial exemption and Transfer Pricing experience preferable
- Experience of accounting systems (preferably NetSuite) and proficient at Excel (v-lookups & pivot)
- Self-motivated with an eye for detail and the ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- Ability to produce accurate work and consistently deliver to reporting deadlines.
- Good team player, assertive and takes ownership
- Ability to quickly build relationships
- Motivated by a changing, growing environment.
- Understanding of SQL/Looker advantageous
What we offer:
- Income protection - long term injury or illness the company will pay 75% of your base salary for up to 5 years
- Pension scheme, 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution
- 26 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Shared Parental Leave Pay & Adoption Pay
- Death in Service - 3x your annual basic salary up to £550k
- Private medical insurance
- Specialist referrals
- Counselling / Talking Therapy / CBT
- Dental / Optical / Physiotherapy / Osteopathy
- Cancer cover
- Virtual Doctor Online - online GP appointments within 2 hours
- Gym membership discounts
- £200 joining bonus for WFH set up on Zilch app
- Learning & Development - company support for professional qualifications and learning development
- Employee assistance programme
- Legal advice
- Financial advice (including mortgage advice)
- Childcare support
- Relocation advice
- Lifeworks perks - online cash back at over 1200 brands, cinema discounts, digital gift cards
- Hybrid working model
- Casual dress code
- Free fruit, snacks, and refreshments in the office (and in office barista)
- Office breakout zone, including table tennis, pool, and comfortable seating
Zilch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.