The Core UX space at Chip
At the heart of our product is the ability to help our users save through a seamless experience. Our vision is to offer saving tools, deposits, withdrawals and transfer journeys that make users confident that sending us money is easy, secure and transparent. Our deposit, withdrawal and transfer experience should be slick and fast, and make our users feel impressed and be the flexibility we are able to provide.
Our Core UX squad looks after our deposit, transfer and withdrawal experience as well as autosaves, recurring saves and open banking. In the last few years, we have launched multiple payment methods and new ways to help our customers save - now we want to focus on the user experience and making it magic with the objective to increase trust and the customer's balance.
As the Core UX Product Manager, you will define and launch new products across Payments and Saving Tools.
What we’re doing isn’t easy and no-one’s ever done it before. We need someone who can look at our user needs, complicated banking & payments infrastructure, innovative assets and cutting-edge technology and find ways to make it simple, better, more human.
We need a problem solver. A doer. Someone who can make the technical simple, the complex clear, who’s not afraid to take ownership of big challenges facing our product, find solutions, and communicate comfortably and clearly with every level of the business.
We want someone who will take responsibility for Chip’s customer-facing product, steer it with the customer in mind and not accept anything less than the very best for the product and Chip’s customers.
There will be an expectation that you work from the office at least 12 days per month. We endeavour to offer a flexible working environment and your line manager will agree on the best way of collaborative working with your team.
What you can expect to be doing:
- You will own and manage the Core UX domain by defining and launching new features and improvements.
- You will be responsible for ensuring cross-business alignment on your roadmap for your area.
- You will identify problems, user and business needs and will validate new ideas and features.
- You will work with stakeholders across the business to scope new features by defining the best solution and the best user experience.
- You will establish the feature iterations and their order or priority and will ensure cross business alignment around features scope.
- You will work with your cross-functional engineering squad to ensure comprehensive and detailed handover of new feature requirements.
- You will mentor and work with more junior members of the team during each relevant stage of the product development process.
- You will drive the best go to market strategy for new features with the relevant senior stakeholders.
- You will define and measure the success of new and existing features and champion continuous improvements for your products.
What we’re really looking for:
- You have experience working with a product that influences a core checkout, conversion, purchase or subscription model.
- You have a strong product background: you are an expert in agile development, product discovery and definition, hypothesis-driven experimentation and user research.
- You are a strategic thinker: you have a big-picture understanding of the market, what our competitors do, what works and what doesn't.
- You are an effective communicator: you can build long-lasting positive, and influential relationships with your stakeholders across functions and communicate problems and solutions at all levels.
- You are obsessed with great UX: you are passionate about building the best possible experience for your users.
- You are data driven: you own your metrics, care deeply about the numbers, and use them to build and prioritise an ambitious roadmap and track outcomes against your goals, driving engagement and alignment with the KPIs.
- You are commercially minded: you understand how a business model works and you are always keeping revenue, costs and profit at the forefront of your mind.
- You are a problem solver: you can critically think through problems by logically asses and quantify solutions.
- You are truly excited by Chip’s vision and proposition
- You understand and share our values
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Someone with a genuine interest in Chip and is excited about being part of a fast-growing company and our mission to build the investment super app of the future.
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current product team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise, you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear on what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages, we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and the ability to smile even when things are tough.
- £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free ChipX subscription for UK-based employees
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements (there will be an expectation that you work from the office at least 12 days per month)
- Unlimited holiday (but policy not to count) ✈️
- Annual £1500 Personal Learning Allowance
- £30 per month Chip Fitness Benefit to suit your Mental/Physical Wellbeing
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high-growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview Process: 📖
- Video interview with our Head of Talent
- Video interview with the hiring manager.
- You will be given a take-home task to complete before your final interview with the VP of Product & Chief Product Officer. We expect you to give a short presentation on something you have worked on relating to the metrics you will own.
- Final Interview with VP of Product & Chief Product Officer.