Founded in 2017, Coalition combines cybersecurity and insurance to help organizations prevent digital risk before it strikes. Coalition’s Active Insurance policies combine traditional coverage with a digital risk assessment and monitoring technology to help small and medium-sized businesses protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
The team at Coalition is made up of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well insurance industry veterans. Our secret sauce is bringing this expertise together to create a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Coalition is also backed by leading global insurers like Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich North America. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtech serving over 160,000 customers.
In June 2022, Coalition closed an additional $250 million in Series F Funding to accelerate its rapid growth at a time when many other companies struggled to find funding. This latest funding validated that Coalition is building a long-term business that can deliver profitable growth with a clear strategic advantage.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2021 and one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies for 2022.
About The Role
We are looking for a dynamic individual who will take ownership of actively generating profitable business from an assigned group of brokers, and partner closely with our Sales organization. The Production Underwriter will primarily underwrite and manage a wide range of products, including Coalition’s Technology E&O and Cyber. The person in this role will be the subject matter expert for technology, and will consistently take a customer-centric approach to their work. The ideal candidate will have the ability to educate both brokers and customers on how to keep their businesses protected. If this sounds like you, we would love to speak with you.
This is a fully remote position that can be based anywhere in the New York City metro area.
- Work closely with sales and product staff to assess cyber products and capabilities.
- Work with the Sales organization, execute strategies specific to technology and cyber insurance, and develop and manage key strategic relationships in order to achieve production and profit targets.
- Identify new customers through effective pipelining, pre-qualification, and territory analysis/management.
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of the local cyber insurance marketplace and trends, Coalition’s capabilities within the geography, and corporate vision.
- Develop and execute recommendations to profitably capture market share across assigned geography.
- 10-25% travel depending on territory, including but not limited to quarterly onsite visits and internal gatherings. In-person marketing to broker partners regularly will be an expected part of the role.
Skills And Qualifications
- A demonstrated track record of success, with strong underwriting and point-of-sale competencies.
- Ability to work independently within the current level of underwriting authority.
- Minimum of 3 years of multi-line underwriting experience within the Technology E&O/Cyber segment; knowledge of policy issuance and processing center workflows.
- Strong sales, communication and marketing skills are critical; must be able to demonstrate success with managing tight time frames, high volumes of work, direct agency relationships.
- Proficient background in risk analysis (especially in Technology & Cyber insurance).
- Knowledge and proficiency with technical issues, compliance, coverage, products and pricing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual production goals.
- Negotiation, relationship-building, influencing skills, and a creative approach to challenges and opportunities.
- 4-year college degree preferred; professional designations such as CIC and CIPP preferred.
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Coalition’s individual pay is determined on several factors, including but not limited to, location, level, skills and experience. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $135,000-$175,000, and your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process.
We’re a highly fulfilling, mission-driven team who is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive culture. We want to work with people of all different backgrounds and paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and put in the work, no matter how small the task. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join #OurCoalition and help us on our mission to solve digital risk.
Recent press releases:
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
Coalition's very foundation is built on respecting and encouraging diversity and inclusion across the organization. Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
For CA residents, please view important privacy information here. For EU residents, you can view GDPR information here. For any questions regarding CCPA or GDPR, please contact us at email@example.com.