NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.About NCR
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting, and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores, and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.Position Summary:
In this exciting position, you will be responsible for working closely with our customers, helping to implement and support our retail applications. Delivering an iNCRedible customer experience and helping to drive our continued success.
As a Technical Consultant, you will assist our customers with the implementation and use of hardware & software products (i.e., Point of Sale, Self-Checkout), acting as a subject matter expert on technical capabilities and integrations with our software. Your knowledge of databases and web technologies will allow you to manage and implement our functional requirements that make our customers’ lives easier by leveraging our solutions. To our customers, you will be the expert of our software and teach them best practices (that we will train you on).
The role requires you to provide configuration guidance, integration & functional support, and best practices to customers, and understand how NCR’s technology enables the customer’s stated vision. You will have access to, and work with global leaders as part of your journey.YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
BEYOND THE TECHNICAL APTITUDE, YOU ARE:
- Manage NCR's Retail solution applications. Support new functionality and software delivered
- Support and lead scheduled production updates and new software deployments overnight, along with verification activities post each event
- Manage the technical proposal process and ensure that all information and recommendations addressing customer requirements are accurate, properly defined, and detailed for ongoing projects and BAU activity
- Work in tandem with Project Managers to serve as the subject matter expert on implementation requirements and relevant technical information
- Maintain lab environments, both on-premises and in the cloud for testing and deployment activities.
- Investigate, analyze, and troubleshoot application workflows to provide feedback and/or solutions to engineering and customer teams
- Verifying product resolutions and providing solutions when required
- An excellent communicator with experience in a client-facing or consulting role —someone who can clearly communicate ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- Demonstrable ability to evaluate and translate a customer’s business goals, objectives, and strategies into technical plans and solutions
- Self-motivated, a proactive problem solver, team-oriented, and creative
- Entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to learn. You must thrive in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Comfortable working collaboratively with local and offshore teams (Flexibility to work within different time zones as required)
- Willing to work varying shifts depending on project deployment schedules of software such as night, early morning, and day activities when required
DESIRED, NOT MANDATORY
- 5+ years of experience in an IT-related field
- Knowledge and background in any of the following: Technical Application Specialist, Level 3 Application Support, or functional SME-type role
- Experience interacting across technical and business resources from the developer through to management
- Experience in solving problems, and follow-through actions including documenting and sharing solutions found
- Experience working with Change Management Processes (ITIL) and Incident Management Systems (Jira, TFS, ServiceNow)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of configuration files like XML, JSON
- Experience with hardware device integration and troubleshooting hardware/devices issues
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL for writing complex queries
- Proficiency in scripting (PowerShell preferable)
- Experience with API integrations and Web Services
- Experience in analyzing log files and troubleshooting / resolving technical issues
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Experience working in retail, loyalty, and/or professional services
- Retail POS products knowledge is beneficial
- Experience with IIS / ASP. Net applications
- Experience working with cloud deployment (Mainly Azure) / DevOps processes.
- Experience using Splunk for Log Analysis and Monitoring
- Knowledge of Linux OS
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!Australian citizens and PR holders considered.
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.EEO Statement
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.