📍Remote, UK | 💰£23,500 - £27,000 (depending on evidenced direct and relevant experience) + Benefits
Please note - We are looking for complaint handlers, at different stages of their complaint handling experience. As a minimum you must have banking experience and have supported customers with a frontline resolution. If you are already in a regulated complaint handling role, we would love to hear from you!
Please reference any literature that you may refer to, as applications that are highly plagiarised and not your own work. e.g. ChatGPT, will be declined.About Us
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.About Our Complaints Team
Our Complaints function sits alongside our Customer Operations team to make sure we offer all our customers the best possible service, even when things go wrong. We embed empathy into our complaints process to turn distress into delight, and we’re looking for people to join our team who can help us drive this mission forward.
This role is open to candidates with varying levels of experience. Have you written final responses? Do you enjoy investigating complex cases? Do you consider yourself an experienced complaint handler? We’re looking for people with complaint handling experience to come and join us!
Or, are you looking to begin your career in banking complaint handling? If you’ve tried to resolve complaints on the phone or tried to help customers resolve their problems before they raise a complaint, then come and help us to meet and exceed our regulatory requirements!
If you have this experience, care deeply about making customers happy, and are passionate about making things better - we'd love to hear from you!What you'll be working on 💛
You’ll be the point of contact for customers who feel particularly disappointed in the service we’ve provided.
Our mission is to make money work for everyone, and while having a great app is part of that, we also pride ourselves on providing world-class support. By solving our customers’ problems, treating them fairly and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better 💪
We know that things can go wrong sometimes, and you’ll be tasked with turning the situation around while providing crucial feedback to Monzo on how we can make things better.Your day-to-day 💬
You should apply if
- Providing the best customer experience when handling customer’s complaints in writing and over the phone.
- Supporting Root Cause Analysis and internal feedback loops with frontline support and specialist domains to mitigate future customer problems.
- Helping to cultivate and maintain a unique and customer-centric culture.
- Investigating complaints so we can give the customer the right outcome.
- We are the last point of contact for the customer to help resolve their complaint.
- Managing a caseload of customer problems and escalating these across Monzo where required to reach the right outcome within our deadlines.
The Interview Process 👩💼
- You have banking experience with an understanding of the complaints process or, you’re an experienced regulated complaint handler.
- You’re adaptable to change, we’re a very fast growing business.
- You’re comfortable working to targets and deadlines.
- You’re resilient and confident dealing with customers' problems over the phone.
- You’ve got a keen eye for detail and can reach fair outcomes for our customers.
- You’re comfortable using a laptop (we’ll provide you with a MacBook).
- You’re great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English.
- You enjoy investigating issues and getting to the root cause of them while putting things right.
- You can make the complex simple, and explain it to others in an engaging and informative way.
- You can quickly pick up the important parts of regulation, and understand how they impact Monzo.
- You’re deeply empathetic, always put yourself in the shoes of the customer and take end-to-end ownership of a customer's issue.
- You’ve got reliable access to the internet from your home, and a private space to work. You’ll need a minimum broadband speed of 10mbp/s download and 5-8mbp/s upload.
Our Interview Process Involves 3 Main Stages
Top tip when applying ⭐️
- Apply with your CV and answer the application questions
- Remote interview 💻
Please take your time with the application questions as the answers to these will help us decide if we’d like to interview you. Try to think about the tone of voice we use at Monzo when writing your responses.
If you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
What’s In It For You
💰£23,500 - £27,000 per year depending on experience
📍This role is based remotely, but if you prefer an office environment, there is opportunities to work in our Cardiff office
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
🏡 To work remotely you'll also need:
- You’ll be working 40 hours a week between 8am-8pm over five days Monday - Friday. Shifts could look like 8am-5pm, 9am-6pm, 10am-7pm or 11am-8pm. You cannot choose your shift and so full flexibility is required.
- Training will be for 6 weeks. Please note that no holidays or appointments are permitted during the training period.
- to work from home in the UK in a safe, private and distraction free environment
- a solid internet connection (download speed - 10mbps; upload speed - 5 mbps)
Equal Opportunity Statement
- We'll provide you with a work laptop on your first day. There's no need to supply your own.
- You do need to own your own smartphone, this will be needed each time you log into our customer support system.
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog
, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report
and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.